I Need To Call My Mother.

Start from the beginning

     I was hundred and ten percent sure Carlo was blushing and that meant she was getting to him and that made my jealousy scale blow a fuse.

     I could never be compared to her. Carlo will always love women more than me and that was why dating straight people was never in my to-do list. Sleep with them? Sure, but date them? That was a whole other level of paranoid for me and dating Carlo was making me more paranoid than an average man. Every lady on this very camp-save for Camila, Jacinta and a couple of trannies-were my competition and I was terrified of that.

     And just seeing Petunia pressed up against him was driving me bonkers. Sure the first time this happened, I wasn't thinking of myself. He had been single for a long time and I wanted him to work some stress out even though I would have preferred it to be me. At least then I was in denial and didn't want to believe I would feel jealous just seeing him close to someone-a woman like that.

     But my feeling were already out in the open now and seeing him like this was...hurting. However, I didn't let it get me down and last I checked, Carlo was already taken.

     Moving behind her, I pulled her off Carlo and gave her the drink she had drank from. She stared at me with wide shocked eyes as she subconsciously took the cup from me. I pushed her shoulder angrily and that knocked the shock out of her, replacing it with anger I was already burning up with. "Don't. Touch. Him."

     I knew I could be an asshole when I wanted and my height and voice gave me that Don't-fuck-with-me aura. I pushed her shoulder again and the cup fell out of her hand but I ignored it and added, "He's mine so fuck off."

"Escalante," Carlo called to me and I turned immediately from the girl and walked up to him to see him glaring angrily at me. "What the fuck was that?"

     I exhaled, releasing a huge breath before answering, "I was just being territorial, is all."

     I glanced back at the place I last saw Petunia before turning back to Carlo and dragging him back to our spot by the mirrors. I thanked God when I noticed my cabin mates had gone and continued, "If I didn't step in, she probably would have dragged you off somewhere before you could think of a polite way decline her."

     Shifting the cup to the other hand, he pinched the bridge of his nose and said, "I still would have told her."

"I saw what I saw, Carlo. Any normal person would have acted the same way."

     He sighed, dropping his hand to his side then took a sip from his drink. He said, "Okay. I'm sorry. I had actually frozen up for a second." He admitted but quickly added when my face failed to hide my disappointment, "And it was because of what she said. Her compliment was flattering and I probably would have reacted the same way if a random person told me that. So please don't think that I would actually want to do it again with her."

His words still didn't ease my disappointment but I guess that was something I had to get used to. Carlo will always be shy and insecure and that was the part that led me to fall for him. If he was arrogant and rude, I probably would have fucked him and moved on.

     Sighing, I took the drink from him and took a gulp from it, cringing from the bad taste. I glanced at him and he quickly said, "Some dude said it was good. I didn't really drink it before now." The side of his face that didn't have any make up flushed and I smiled before tossing the cup away.

I snaked my arms around his waist and swayed us to the music. "Dance with me."

"Do I have a choice? 'Cause I'd rather sit on the grass." He tacked on and I smiled, nuzzling his nose.