I Knew You Loved Him.

Carlo

"So you like him?"

I guess breaking down in a friend's room wasn't the best way to go because the minute Escalante left, Jacob came in and saw me at my most vulnerable moment.

Yesterday was tiring because I cried for a while and Jacob just sat there and watched me as if he was fascinated by it. However, I was grateful when he didn't ask me any question and cooed me to sleep when I finally stopped.

Today, I woke up to everyone and by everyone, I meant Jacob, Dave, Val, Alex, MK, Jacinta and Camila. It made me happy that they cared, but it made me remember the pain I felt yesterday when the one person I depended on cursed me out and threw our friendship away. It made me remember the nonsense I had mumbled off to Escalante so he would believe me.

Just remembering it, I could feel the tears coming back but before I had the chance to cry, my sister and Jacinta wrapped me in a bear hug. It embarrassed me when I saw the other boys smiling at me but instead of pushing them away like I normally would have, I hid my face in their arms.

It was going well after that, nobody mentioned anything about Es for a while and Alex got me breakfast. It was as MK and Alex were about to leave that Jacob opened his mouth and asked, "So you like him?"

     I had a feeling my sister and Jacinta wanted to rip him apart and I second the idea because I didn't want to talk about it.

     Alex gave MK a look and he nodded before pulling Dave's struggling body away. He locked the door after them then turned to me, "Bad break up huh?"

My whole body grew red this time. In a way he was right and wrong. I had ruin my relationship by Escalante by admitting feelings I wasn't sure about. At the moment, it felt right but then he totally rejected me. He was always rejecting me and picking Preston over me.

"So you do like him!" Jacinta grinned, probably happy her favorite ship since Es came out was about to sail. Sink...whatever.

"I don't like him." I said, not to crush her but to set something straight. Deep down, I was scared to admit anything: If I liked him or not.

"You do." Camila said monotonously.

"There's no need lying." Val sat up on the bed he was laying in and ran a hand through his hair. "You are only going to make things worse for yourself. If there's anything Es had told me about you, it is that the both of you were already in a relationship. No two friends tell each other how much they love each other every night, look at each other fondly and not have feelings for each other. If one of my straight best friends did that to me, I'll date his ass right off."

"Makes you think why all the great guys are straight huh?" Jacinta said and he smiled, "Well don't say it out loud among girls 'cause we'll kill you."

That killed his smile and I smiled, rolling my eyes. "We used to do that but when Es started dating it all stopped." Jacinta looked at me with this weird smile on her face and I quickly added in denial, "Not that I miss it."

She scoffed and mouthed, "You do."

Jacob said, fondling with the piece of paper in his hands, "Think about it. You told me Es has ways of getting what he wants even if takes a while. He kissed you, maybe that's when it started. He played you to care about him and he probably said the 'I love you' first."

Thinking back, he really was the one to say the L-word first. Our families were out on a baseball game and the man behind me poured his drink on me. Es yelled at him when he refused to apologize and even though they kicked the three of us out and our parents didn't care, Es took me to a lake close by and we skinny dipped.