CHAPTER 16: Usual Chatting

Chapter 16

"Usual Chatting"

***

ANNA'S POV

THE first thing I noticed the moment I stepped my foot outside our room was the stares given by the people around me.

It was not the usual glare which is now normal for me these days but their looks now speaks with respect and admiration.

But I could still see daunt stares on some of the students – perhaps one of Rumia's sidekick.

Walking towards the gate of the school, I caught some of the girl's chitchats from the student center.

"...can't believe someone could outshine Rumia just by eating the school's Special Dish,"

"I know, right? I wonder how she is coping now - that's a terrible boost for her popularity. But I think the whole school was in state of shock with the completing-the-Special-Dish's-promo scene. That Anna girl was far too impressive! Divina said she even ate the meal whole,"

"I first thought the rumors were exaggerated by passed mouths but seeing Anna's actual video of eating it... I can't believe my eyes,"

"Where did you get the video?"

"Hey – don't tell me you still haven't watched that yet? It's trending now!"

"How come I didn't know this? Share it to me!"

"Sure, I'll just open my Bluetooth,"

I never have gotten the chance of hearing some parts of their conversation since I was now on the other side of the small gate. The guard sitting inside on his watch house(?) greeted me with a smile. I nodded in respect.

I turn to my side and gave way to the car passing through the ample gate.

I shrugged as I move my feet to the direction of my apartment – no need to ride a car since it's just a few walks away from the school.

Walking is an exercise too you know.

Stopping in front of a small convenience store, I began searching the entire contents of my bag just to find my vibrating phone.

The moment I found it, the vibration stopped.

I slide my fingers to the centre of the screen to unlock it. I sighed as I saw the familiar number calling me the moment I got here until now.

1 missed call: Kurozawa Ryuuro

That's the annoying brother #1

Video chatting is much more convenient than calling me through the phone. I thought.

Just as I finished stuffing the phone back to my bag, I sensed the familiar aura behind me.

Turning around, I saw two of my bodyguards stiffened as they try to conceal the paper fan behind their back.

I frowned. "Don't you have any suitable clothes to wear?" (Japanese)

The two guards shifted uncomfortably.

They were currently wearing a black tuxedo - it was too formal that some of the passers by shot them strange look.

Yoh replied as he wipes off the bead of sweat strolling on his right brow, "The suit that we are currently wearing right now is the only attire that we ought to wear." (Japanese)

I rolled my eyes. He was stating the obvious, to say the least.

They were wearing those uncomfortable pieces of clothing every time they are in sight, I almost wonder if they were changing clothes at all.