17. Ramen with a friend

Start from the beginning

I sweat dropped slightly at her words. She told me stuff I already know. Kinase exhaled deeply and stretched her eleven needle sharp tails.

"Now get out" she said glaring at me "I need to take a nap."

"You always take a nap."

*****

I slowly opened my eyes and rubbed the grogginess out of them as a figure loomed over me.

"Ruka, you're finally awake."

I sat up and looked to see Granddad watching me with a relieved expression.

"It would seem you overused your Chakra" he explained "you should be more careful with that."

"O-Ok!" I said nodding "sorry!"

"You don't have to apologize" he said chuckling "just be more careful."

I nodded and he turned and looked out the window as he stared at someone.

"We'll start training again tomorrow" he said sighing "you should go out and enjoy your day. It is rather nice outside."

I nodded again and left the room as I retreated to my own. Once there I closed the door behind me and sighed deeply. How long have I been asleep? I looked at the time and saw it was only 10:58. I woke up at 6:26 this morning so that means I still have plenty of free time until training tomorrow. I just don't know what to do.

'Perhaps you should stroll through town'  Kinase suggested.

Stroll through town?

Yeah, ok that sounds like a good idea. I've really nothing else to do. I changed into a a short blue skirt with a white shirt and grabbed the left over money Granddad had given me. Time to go now. I left the house and started strolling through town; hopefully I find a cool shop to look around in.

*****

I strolled peacefully through the village as a small breeze whipped through my hair. Granddad was right; it was a beautiful day. It was quiet and it wasn't too sunny to the point where the sun made you sweat harshly. As I was walking the smell of some sort of food wafted into my nose. I stopped in my tracks and closed my eyes as I continued to smell the delicious food.

"Mmm" I said opening my eyes.

I turned my head and saw a ramen shack close by. There was a sign above it that said:

'Ichiraku Ramen.'

Hmm? I've never heard if this place before. Maybe I'll try it out. I walked over to the ramen shop and saw four stools so I sat in one of them and patiently waited. I heard someone sit next to me and I ignored them as a man from behind the counter came over to us.

"Aw!" He said smiling "Naruto! Good to see you m'boy!"

My eyes widened and a blush crept up to my cheeks as I turned to look beside me. I looked straight into Naruto's sapphire blue eyes as he glanced at me and smiled.

"I'm doing good!" He replied "can I get two bowls of beef ramen for me and my best friend?!"

Best friend?! I blushed again as the man chuckled and looked over at me.

"Of course Naruto" he said "I'll make it on the house for you and your girlfriend."

GIRLFRIEND?!

My whole face turned red as a small blush crept around Naruto's cheeks and he frowned.

"She's just....just a friend" he stuttered.

"Yeah...ok" the man said sarcastically, walking off "sure she is!"

Naruto sighed deeply and after a while the blush on his cheeks disappeared as he turned towards me and smiled deeply.

"I haven't seen you in a long time!" He said cheerfully "believe it!"

I bit my lip and said "I could have paid for the ramen myself you know."

Naruto shook his head and chuckled; "no way! Besides we're friends dattebayo! I wasn't going to let you pay for it!"

I turned my head and nodded as a small grin crept onto my lips. Naruto really his my friend huh? It feels good to have a friend that actually cares.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me: Hey guys! Long time no see! Sorry updates are going slow; school started a while ago and the work is starting to become a burden. I'll try to update as soon as possible though.

Naruto: That's right! Author-chan started high school and is now a freshman so it's tough for her! Believe it!

Ruka: *Nods* Their right. She's trying her best to maintain her school work and story in one tight schedule, so reading the story and giving it a vote means a lot to her.

Me: That's all I really have to say to you guys so I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Naruto: Story_of_Fate13 doesn't own Naruto.

Me: Later guys!