I whistled for her, and I could tell she woke up by all the crashing she was making throughout the house into the kitchen, where you could hear her nails on the floor. She wagged a brief hello to me and both the cats and ran over to her food on the other side of the kitchen.

I laughed and got some food for myself out of the fridge.

I started my morning routine by grabbing my yogurt and putting granola in it and then I made my chocolate milk,

I sat down at the counter and turned my music up.

"You say that you're no good for me
Cause I'm always tugging at your sleeve
And I swear I hate you when you leave
But I like it anyway."

I sighed at the last part, as it was relevant to my life, but not like that.

"My ghost
Where'd you go?
I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost
Where'd you go?
What happened to the soul, that you used, to be?"

War changes people, either for the better or for the worst. Seeing your best friend get shot through the heart isn't easy. It's not easy being the person who takes the shot at somebody's best friend either, we should know.

We thought getting married would make the whole experience better, the recovery, both mentally and physically, it helps a lot being with the person you love, routing you on through your road to recovery, while your doing the same for them. We were both shot by snipers, him first, me second, doing my job.

"You're a Rolling Stone boy
Never sleep alone boy
Got a million numbers
And they're filling up your phone, boy.
I'm off the deep end, sleeping
All night through the weekend.
Saying that I love him but
I know I'm gonna leave him."

Until he met me, he had no plans on going into the service, he wanted to become an actor, I wanted to make a difference in the world, I wanted to be a doctor or a nurse, I couldn't choose, I was only 18 then. When I chose what I wanted to do,he was with me. I decided to look into being a battle field nurse kinda thing, like caring for the wounded at wars. He decided that he would look into going into the army with me.

"You say that you're no good for me
Cause I'm always tugging at your sleeve
And I swear I hate you when you leave
But I like it anyway."

After we came back and I completed physical therapy, I decided to start working at the hospital, as I'm stuck behind a desk for the rest of my career, but now I help people everyday, and that's enough for me.

When he had to go back, I was a hurricane sized mess. I would wake up in the middle of the night, tossing and turning, screaming, and flailing around like a fish out of water. I've started going back to therapy for it now.

+++

After my little zone out, I got ready for work, let the dog into her pen with the neighbors dog and put the cats outside also. Then I got into my car and started it, and my phone started to ring. I checked the caller ID, but it read 'no caller id', but I answered it anyways.

"My ghost
Where'd you go?
I can't find you in the body sleeping next to me
My ghost
Where'd you go?
What happened to the soul, that you used, to be?"