Daisy Hellienga

hello, how are all of you?

just to make clear, I have never left the country and I don't know what Russia is like so I'm making up stuff, so stay calm
* D A I S Y*

Life is hard. I'm sure most of you would agree with me on this one, am I right?

My old life was great, good friends, good school, nice house, great family, caring boyfriend, nothing could go wrong, I was unstoppable, was.

Then I moved across the world, from my happy home in Russia, to New York,  and to be more precise, Manhattan.

My father promised me it would be good for me at my ripe old age of 17, to start a new school, as a senior. I had to start from the bottom and work my way up from rock bottom to the top.

I hated it here so far.

For starters, everyone has weird accents and are very rude.

People are so different here, it's fascinating to me.

They drive on the wrong side of the road! America is so backwards.

I had to learn a whole new language which is very very hard to me.

The time difference is terrible! I try to FaceTime my mother, and for me it is midnight, and for her it is only 11am!

I am still getting over jet lag and I start school tomorrow.

I am scared because I am joining in what is October here, and everyone is getting ready for Halloween parties and getting boozed up.

I am not looking forwards to that, but I am looking forwards to trying to make me some friends that I can keep for as long as we are here.

I hope I do alright.
+++
Three days later

I go to Goode high school in the city of New York. I'm trying my best to make friends but I am failing. When I walk in the hallways to my class, I can feel my classmate's stares, burning holes in my back, and I can hear them gossiping about me too, I don't know what there is to gossip about, I'm not that different.

It's Wednesday, shouldn't people be used to me by now?

This is the worst first day of school yet.

I will check in on that.

++++
Friday
The stares have finally decreased, but the gossiping continues. We have started classes also.

I've made friends with my lab partner, Clarisse La Rue.

She is the exact opposite of me, but she is reliable. She helps me with school work and with bullies.