Chapter 24 - She Wanted to Play.

Start from the beginning

Then, as if by magic, the zombies parted like the red sea. Giving Emo-boy a path way through. He was bewildered by this action, and as very hesitant. Why were these zombies, beings that had lost all control when they were infected, were letting him past?

Emo-boy shrugged, whilst looking on the the zombies. He either went this way, or died. But, then again, if he went through here they undead could snack on him regardless. Emo-boy took the chance and ran through the zombies, not listening to common sense at all. Only one zombie reached for Emo-boy and that was Alice. Once he had cleared through all of the undead, who gave him his path way, Alice stood forward and reached for him. However, Emo-boy just gave her a sad smile and set off running toward the school field.

The light rain kissed his skin as he ran, and ran, always clutchinghis knife, and Alice's flip camera, but also making sure he hadn't dropped his radio. The school field was considerably large, and contained an athletics track, football posts, and loads of other sporting equipments. No wonder. Horison probley wanted all their subjects to be fit and healthy. Ripe for the taking.

When the 15-year-old reached the outskirts of the field , he looked behind him. No zombies. At allHe then jogged to about the centre of the field and survayed the area. But then, he could hear the soft sound of piano keys.

He turned to see Alana stood there, with her grand piano, looking quite content with herself. Emo-boy clenched his jaw, and sent smouldering eyes at Alana, that burnt into her back .

"You," Emo-boy regarded Alana, with a sneer on his face. "What are you Alana? You have been gone for four year, and there is no way you could possibly be at St. Alan's, so how are you here?"

"You didn't play my game. You didn't play fair." Alana said , half-hearted, as she continued her soft melodic playing.

"You know I don't play fair, nor do I fight fair. Now, answer my questions!" Emo-boy demanded.

Alana stopped her play, and turned towards him, giving him a sharp look. She then began walking towards him, with the grace of an anteloperunning from its hunter. Defensive, and yet still elegant. Nothing like the Alana Emo-boy once knew.

"Do not tell me what to do." Alana's voice was harsh, as she stared the 15-year-old down.

Then, all of a sudden, Emo-boy fell to the floor, clutching his head. The pain within his mind was so immense in brought tears to his eyes. The pain increased, and he cried out.

"W-what ar-re you doi-i-ing to me-e?" Emo-boy stuttered.

Alana tutted, and ignored his question. "You silly boy. You got your self infected, didn't you? But, you didn't succumb to the the virus. How strange. Your a defected model, just like I was. If I think about it a little more, I'm the one who stopped you from becoming one of them, and yet you destroyed me." Alana laughed bitterly, and made the the thumpingpain within the boys brain to increase, making him let out a strangled scream. Alana took at threatening step towards him. "You're pathetic, you know that? I bet you don't even remember what happen to me do you."

Emo-boy cried out again when Alana took another step forward, but then slumped to the ground. The pain had stopped.

"I don't understand." Emo-boy said breathlessly, still on the ground. The rain began to bet down heavier now. "You when missing. That's all. You left everyone behind, and yet your stood before me and I don't understand how that is possible. You disappeared without a trace."

Alana scoffed and then said, "Think about it logically. Why would I leave everyone behind? I wouldn't. And the reason I'm here is by sheer luck."

Then something flickered before Emo-boys eyes he remembered something. It was something small, he could she Alana before him shouting and yellingat him. But then it faded to nothing.