Chapter 20 -Artists

Start from the beginning

Almost as soon as the second period started, we scored thanks to Brandon. Hossa added to our lead a little over 10 minutes later. We'd won the game easily 5-3. Our only additional goal was from Seabs. I'd gotten the #1 star of the game, which I was very pleased about. The only bad thing about today was that we'd have to fly back to Chicago tonight. It would've been nice to spend at least one more day in the heat.

Natalie was waiting outside the locker room when I was finally ready. She looked adorable in her leggings and Hawks tank top, which she apparently bought today. I was gonna make her become a Hawks fan one piece of merchandise at a time. I wrapped my hands around her waist, pulled her down towards me. She wiggled out of my grasp before I could kiss her and skipped down the hallway.

"You smell terrible, Jonny. There's no way I'm kissing you." I grabbed her from behind, spinning her so she was facing me and gave her the sloppiest kiss I could manage. She squealed, slapping my chest in the process.

"Chicago here we come."

*****

The weather was perfect today. The sky was clear and there was a slight breeze. Natalie, Chaunette, Andrew and I were sitting in Andrew's living room. It overlooked the river and today there was an myriad of boats coasting along it. Patrick wasn't home yet, but was going to be here soon. So in the mean time, we were gathered around planning what to do for Niklas' birthday. It was in five days, but we had a game that day. We'd also be in Tampa, which meant Elina and Theo wouldn't be around. Since T was so young, Elina only liked to go to the home games.

"When's your birthday?" I whispered, glancing down at Natalie. Her head was resting on my chest while her feet were draped over the arm of the couch. It didn't look that comfortable, but she didn't seem to care.

"July 2nd."

"Well my dear we're gonna have to do something fun."

"Actually Vlads wedding is on the 1st so I'll be in St. Louis for that."

"Wait, you're missing our first Canada Day together?" I know it shouldn't have been such a big deal, but my family took Canada day pretty seriously. It was by far David and I's favorite holiday and we always went to Montreal to boat out and see friends. I'd just expected Nat to be along side me, just like Lindsey had for the past couple years.

"We can celebrate the 4th together. It's way more fun than Canadian holidays anyways." She shot me a wink and removed herself from my chest. Patrick walked in the door simultaneously, earning a chorus of hellos. He threw his bag on the kitchen counter and sat down adjacent to Chaunette.

"So what's the plan with Nik's birthday?" He asked, taking a swig from one of the beers he'd gotten for the group. Nat cracked one open to drink, but I decided against it since I was driving.

"We rented out a restaurant over looking the ocean. We thought it would just be better to have a chill night since we have games." Andrew let Pat in on the details. Natalie looked pretty tired since we'd been traveling the night before. We said goodbye to the group and got in my SUV and made our way towards Lincoln Park.

"Wait pull over here." I parked the car in what looked like a sketchy part of the city. Nat made her way into a shop and I followed before I could get a good look at what it was. When I entered, I instantly knew.

I'd accompanied my teammates several times while they'd been getting tattoos. Every parlor reeked of rubbing alcohol and blood. That was one of the main reasons I never thought of getting one. Plus I never really had a good enough ideas.

"Hey Chucky." Nat said, pulling a heavily tattooed man into a hug. They chatted for a bit before she took a seat in the chair. Wait Nat was getting a tattoo?

"Babe are you sure you want one?" I questioned, thinking she was just tipsy from the drinks at Pat's. I quickly disregarded that theory when I remembered she'd only has a single beer today. 

"Yeah of course. Mark and loads of my cousins has the same one. He was my grandmas favorite artist." She showed me the design which I instantly recognized at Keith Haring's famous dog. Of course she would be getting that.

That tattoo was done pretty quick. It was black, placed on her inner left bicep and was amazingly done. It looked just like Keith Haring's original. She seemed pretty pleased with it. Nat had also taken it like a champ. She didn't even flinch when the needle penetrated her skin.

"Thank you so much Chuck! I love it."

But all I could think about was how much I loved her.

I'm currently on my way to the One Direction (don't judge my super white girlness right now) and I'm so excited. I went to one when I was in 6th grade and it was so much fun. Also half of my school is going tonight so I'm gonna meet up with a couple of them just to say hi. AND PRAISE THE LORD MY BENN JERSEY CAME IN. It's even more beautiful than I could've ever expected. :))

Q: Favorite bands?

A: Twenty One Pilots, Death Cab for Cutie and Modern Baseball