Chapter - 21

Scarlett's P. O. V.

I'm confused. I can't find words. I want to solve it. I want him to love his father but then again I think about the murder and I stop myself. I want to take him in my arms and tell him that everything will be okay but I can't. I can't take seeing him so sad, so lonely, so broken. I want to fix the peices back together. I want to fix his broken relationship with his father. "don't tell him about your father. okay?" my thoughts are interrupted as he finally speaks.

"yeah." I answer a little low.

"look scarlett, I know what you are thinking but I can't help it. and I definitely don't want you to reveal your real identity.." he says as he stops again in the corner of the road as he continues, "cause' I don't want my past to repeat again infront of my eyes.." he says as he rushes his hands in his hair and over his neck.

"I understand.." I say.

"want to go on a walk?" he asks after a few minutes of silence.

"yeah..sure, yeah." I say, stepping out of his car followed by him. he starts to walk as he puts his hands in his pockets of the black jeans. "harry wait.." I hold his wrist as he takes another step.

"yeah?" he fakes a smile. I can tell he's faking.

"everything will be fine. don't worry." I say with pleasing eyes. he just nods and begin to walk again.

"harry he doesn't ve anywhere to go.." he ignores.

"you've given him enough punishments..." he doesn't even turn around to face me.

"for god's sake forgive him. he's your father.." be stops immediately as he turns around to answer me.

"father? he doesn't even deserve to be called a father." he laughs wickedly as he continues, "Is that what you call a father? if he was, then he would've thought about me once before doing that. if he was, then he would've let me live with her. if he was, then he wouldn't have killed her!"

"I..I understand..but.." I fumble at words cause' I perfectly know that he's nowhere wrong. he has the right to punish his father but its just not the way to treat him.his father would die rather than living this life.

"but what?" he continues, "you don't know." he smirks.

"you have to let him live with you."

"why?"

"cause' he's father!" I practically scream.

"oh yeah. a father who broke me."

"a father who is still fighting for his son's forgiveness." I fire back.

"can't we talk about it later?" he says, controlling his anger. i can tell.

"as you wish. I know you need space and time." we both start walking on the street the in evening. we both don't even utter a word as we walk on the empty street. he alternately looks at me then turns around. he doesn't say anything as his hurt and sad look pictures his face."so?" I finally break the silence.

"yeah?"

"you are letting him live with you right?"

"I..I'm not sure.." his simple tone sends chill to my spine.

"okay." I roll my eyes.

"Well, scarlett, I need space..I need time to think over it. its a big deal for me. I want time to gain strenght to face him.."

"I understand. take you time." I smile finally. it sends chills to my spine as he sobers a little. he simply nods as he stops infront of a bakery shop "Johnny's Pastries." it says. " want some?" he asks.

"yeah.." i smile back.

"cool." he says as we step in and take our seat across the window. I choose chocolate fudge and he, strawberry waterfall. an awkward silence fills between us except the sound of our spoons and forks.

he pays the bill as we start to move towards our car.

Harry's P. O. V.

I immediately start the ignition as I enter my car. she stares out  through the glass window. I stay quiet but my mind is screaming in my head about my asshole father. I would never want him to stay with me. he has enough! no he'd never get enough! every punishment is less for him. he doesn't deserve to be my father but then scarlett..mom, gem..everyone wants me to forgive him..they think he has had enough no one, even for a second, thought about me..except scarlett.. she's been here for me since we met.

the drive to her apartment is quiet and a bit cold. I pull outside the house in the parking lot. she quickly steps out and unlocks the apartment as I follow her. for a second, I think that she's somewhat angry with me.

"are you upset from me?" I ask straight.

"naah. why would I?" she smiles and frowns both at the same time.

"I thought cause' you were not saying anything.." I say with a sigh as I scratch my head with fingers.

"you think too much." shelaughs dryly.

"I don't think so." I say as i roll my eyes.

"you still are thinking." she laughs childishly.

"leave it."

"better." she remarks and continues, "want to sleep on the couch or the guest room?"

"couch is okay."

"cool so I'm going to bring the blankets." she says as she rushes the stairs. by the time I turn the telivision and flip the channels before I find a repeat telecast of happily divorced.

"want to watch?" I ask as I spot her with the blankets.

"do I have a choice." we both settle on the coach as I speak each and every word with the episode itself and she laughs as I change my tone with every dialogue.

"God harry, you and your sarcasm." she continues and laughs,"rediculous." as I open my mouth to respond, the door bell rings.

sorry guys for a late update! was a bit busy with some stuff! won't happen next time :) .
anyways, keep voting and commenting. your support means a lot.

I love you :* :*