Chapter - 14

Scarlett's P. O. V.

the next morning I leave a note for harry and gemma, don't worry I went home through the city bus, meet you at the office harry. I quickly place it on the side drawer and head down with my purse. I silently pass by the drawing room but I'm stuck again when I see him sleeping, curled up in the couch he is leaning, facing towards me. I move near him as silently as I can and pull the blanket over and stand to move but. as I turn back he holds my wrist. "why did you slept here? and wait..what happened yesterday I can't remember after leaving the home?" he quickly sits up rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"we'll talk about it later." I try to change the subject, "by the way. how did you sleep?"

"you are answering my question first." he is stubborn.

"harry we--"

"tell me." he meets my gaze.

"well. you came back home after four and..you were drunk.." I stammer. somewhat afraid of his outcome.

"oh" he said slowly, so low.

"don't worry we were having fun though." I say trying to hide my smile but can't.

"look..I'm sorry for last night.."

"I said Its okay" i press my hand to his.

"thank you. you are the first one who understands me this much. you don't know what the actual reactions were, by the people who'd come to know about this." he laughs dryly.

"well then, we can be a good team."

"hope so." we both laugh.

"okay so meet you at greenwood's."

"I'll drop you."

"no I'll manage to the city bus besides I'm going to get my car from the publishing."

"I'll drop you at the office then?"

"no need. I'll manage." I say smiling. he goes out not uttering a word. I stand there still as I hear the horn outside. "I guess you don't liked being late?" he calls putting the mirrors down of his car.

"no doubt in the statement that you'd remain..well you'd remain harry itself." i say laughing.

"I know that and I'm proud of it."

"true. i know." i say as I sit in the passenger seat laughing.

the drive to the publishing is silent and quick. i reach out of the car to the counter waving him goodbye and a 'thank you so much' lipsing. "Hey erica..you got my keys?"

"yeah here they are love." she opens the drawer and picks out the keys before handing them to me.

"thank you. I'll be a little late today." I say. "and followed by styles."

"sure." why is she laughing?! nevermind.

I quickly start the ignition as I open the door of the driving seat. I drive to my house and pull my car outside my apartment before heading in. I climb the stairs to my bedroom. I open my messy cupboard. it looks like the clothes would jump out any second. after standing for half an hour in front of the cupboard I decide to wear a white dress with colourful lilies designed on it. it barely reaches my thighs but it looks perfect on me as I move about in front of the mirror to examine my body with this dress of mine. I curl my hair, i apply a little mascara to my eyes and a gloss to my lips, I wear my boots. I cook pasta and juice and finish it quickly. I wear my coat, lock my home, take my car keys before heading in the snowfall.

"thank you." I greet erica taking the coffee from her.

"pleasure." what the fuck! why is she smirking?!

"can I ask you something?"

"sure?"

"why..um..why do always..smirk at me..?"

"you didn't got it yet?"

"No!"

"c'mon everyone knows that you and..harry..you know--"

"what!" I cut her off."look, you are highly mistaken." I laugh."harry and I can never share a relationship besides friendship." I laugh again.

she stares at me. well past me, it takes me a minute to recognise that. when I turn around to follow erica's eyes, my mouth falls open as I freeze when my eyes meet his gaze..harry's gaze.

he stands still staring at me. "I-I'm sorry.." I don't even know why I said that. Its the truth. harry and I can never share a relationship. he loves his dead girl even now. then what is my role in it. we are friends right? you love him scarlett. my subconcious tell me. no I don't. why would I? even after knowing his secret. no ofcourse not. I don't....I do..I can't. my feeling doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure he doesn't. he still love Alesha, not me..but I'm his present and she was his past. what if he does? what if he doesn't.

keep voting and keep commenting guys. your support encourages me to write more. please do vote and comment. again a reminder, if you guys want to ask anything, you can text me on wattpad itself. @pavni11.

I Love You :* :*