Chapter 36: Home And The District Winner's Ball

Start from the beginning

''Clover?" I pulled away and looked down at Kalen. ''Yeah buddy?" I ask. ''I missed you''.

''Aww, I missed you too'' I smile, picking him up. Soon I'm bombarded my Izabelle, a pregnant Hayzelle, Clarice and Bristle.

''Is my mother here?" I ask. Hayzelle frowns. ''Hayzelle?'' I mutter. ''She's at home, she wouldn't come. I'm sorry'' she says sadly. ''Dont be!, how's the baby?'' I ask.

''Well I'm four months, I'm good'' she smiles. ''One minute'' I smile. I rush through the crowd in my heels until I find Cato talking to Bristle.

''Cato, I'm going home, and moving into the Victors Village now, I'll see you at the Ball?" I ask. ''Course'' he says, kissing me. I blush.

''Bye Baby Girl!" Cato calls. ''Bye Cato, bye Bristle!"

I pick up Kalen, he wraps his lega around my waist and plays my hair, I hold Ronnie's hand, and we walk home, Izabelle and Clarice in deep conversation.

''Im guessing you have everthing packed?'' I ask. ''Something like that'' Izabelle frowns.

********************

''Mother?'' I ask, walking into my bleak home. I look to my right and see our living room, yellow walls, old red sofas, an acient Tv, moldy carpet. No sign of her. I stare up the wooden stairs, no sign.

I walk into the kitchen, Clarice folowing in suite. I hold onto Kalen tighter.

''Mother" I say. She's sitting on one of the wooden chairs from the dining table, drinking a cup of tea. This room is ugly too, laminate floor, yellow walls, wooden table and chairs and a wooden kitchen.

''Clove'' she spits. ''Mother this is Clarice, my best friend'' I mutter. Clarice sticks out her hand, to shake my mothers. ''Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Rambin'' Clarice smiles. ''Yeah'' is all my mother says, pushing away her hand. Clarice frowns. I put Kalen down and he runs off.

''Your stuff is packed. They'll be at the ball tonight. So yeah, um goodbye'' she snarls.

''Is their stuff packed?" I asked. ''They're not going, they're staying here, with me'' my mother states.

''No they're not, in this poverty?" I shout. ''You can take Izabelle and Hayzelle. Veronica and Kalen can't leave until their 16, or without my consent. I'll have to die for you to take them. Stupid whore'' She spits. Clarice gasps.

''Alright, but you can't stop me from seeing them, can you?'' I laugh and start walking out. ''Oh yeah'' I start. ''When you can't cope, in depression maybe? And Ronnie and Kalen are annoying you. I won't say 'I told you so'. 'Cause I won't even open the door, to you. I never want to see you ever again'' I spit.

''Because you'll be too busy screwing that manwhore, that you call yoir boyfriend!" She shouts.

''What the fuck did you say about him?" I roar. ''You heard me!" She laughs.

''Go on, say it to my face!" I bellow. ''You know what? I don't care anymore, your dead to me!"

**************************

''CLOVER! DONT GO PLEASE!!!" Roni begs. ''Roni, I have to, I'll see you tonight, I promise'' I smile, remembering my father called her Roni. ''You to buddy!'' I say to Kalen.

''If you want you can come see the house now?" I ask. She nods and grabs a box. I don't have many.

Izabelle, Clarice, Roni, Hayzelle and I walk to the village. The sun beats down on my face, mockingjays fly over head. Its beautiful. I'm glad to be home.

''I never heard you curse before'' Izabelle mutters. ''I don't usually'' I reply to her. Its her 15th birthday next week.

We get to the Village and see Eno standing outside a stone house, white steps leading to the door, white windows, a white veranda held up by white poles, they're is a wooden swinging chair. And a big surrounds it, flowers everywhere, with a path to the steps that lead to the door. About ten feet to the right is Eno's house.