03

~Chapter 3~

I decided to confront Bella about going to the Astronomy Tower with Draco. So, here I was, sitting in the Tower with blue jean shorts and a purple and pink crop top. Don't even ask.

I was five minutes early, so I was reading a book I got from the library. Call me a nerd if you must, but I was reading Hogwarts: A History. Again. Not that I had read it that many times. Maybe only four times before. Yes, I think four times.

"You're early," I heard a voice state. I looked up at Draco who was coming out from the shadows of the room.

"You've been here?" I asked. "Watching me?"

"It's interesting to watch you read," he said. He was dressed in jeans and a T-shirt. I felt so exposed! I blushed slightly.

"I'm not that interesting," I said, shaking my head. "You're just trying to make me blush."

"Maybe," he said. He sat down next to me on the floor. "You-erm-have interesting fashion choice," he said, looking me over.

"My best friend chose it," I replied. "I wanted to where jeans and a T-shirt, but noooo, I had to wear something cute because if I embarrass myself it will be so much less embarrassing if half my body is exposed." I looked at him. He was smirking. Great. "That's what she thinks at least," I said quickly before he thought I had problems or something.

"It is a little hot," he admitted. He pulled his shirt over his head and I covered my poor eyes.

"No! Don't!" I said.

"Why not?" he asked. "I'm a guy." I could tell by the way he was talking that he was smirking. When wasn't he smirking?

"Just...just put it on!" I replied.

"It's not that big of a deal, Aly," he said, but I heard the sound of rustling fabric and I was brave enough to peek. His body was covered. I didn't want to see his chest because somehow I think I put my perverted hat on today instead of my common sense. Stupidly enough.

"Thank you," I breathed.

"What are you reading?" Draco asked.

"Nothing!" I said quickly.

"Come on!" he leaned over and grabbed the book from me. "Hogwarts: A History?"

"Yeah...but so what, it's just a book," I reply.

"Read to me," he said.

"What?"

"I've never read it. Don't look at me like that! Not everyone reads," he said.

"Fine," I sigh. I open the book to my marked page and start reading. I read about the makers of Hogwarts. The houses, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and finally Slytherin. I read about the Great Hall. The dungeons. And it didn't seem like long until I closed the book at the finish.

"That's really interesting," he said. "I knew some of that stuff, but not all of it."

"Yep...I like rereading things in case I forgot something," I replied.

"Do you like to read?" Draco asked.

"A lot," I replied.

"Pick another book from the library and bring it here this Wednesday at midnight. We'll read some more," he said.

"Alright," I said. "Do you have anything in mind?"

"You pick," he said, standing up. I started to stand up as well but noticed his hand held out towards me. I grabbed it and he pulled me to my feet. I murmured a thanks.

We walked in silence down the stairs and I started walking to the Gryffindor Tower. It was a moment before I realized that Draco was still beside me.

"The Slytherin Common Room is the other way," I said.

"I thought I would walk you to the entrance," he replied. We walked a little farther and I stopped.

"Just to here," I said. "I don't want the Fat Lady seeing you."

"Very well," he sighed. "I'll see you on Wednesday."

"Yeah, see you on Wednesday," I replied. I watched him walk away, until he was at the corner. Yet instead of turning right, like he should have to go to his Common Room, he turning left. I crinkled my  nose. Why would he turn left?

He was probably going to meet some other girl. That thought hurt really bad. Even if we were just friends. I would have to learn that he was still a player. I couldn't fall for him any more then I already had.

I walked to the portrait of the Fat Lady and told her the password. She let me in and instead of going to my room, I wandered over to the fireplace and sat down on the couch.

I missed my family. Fred and George would have been able to give me some amazing advice. Unless they had made fun of me first. I don't think anyone would really approve of me being friends with Draco Malfoy.

I found a stray piece of parchment and a quill and some ink and decided to write a letter to Fred and George. I was going to tell them about Draco, whether they laughed or not. Whether they told me not to meet him, I was still going to. I just wanted to tell someone.

Fred and George,                                                                        

I miss you dearly, I truly do. I hope everything is going well with your joke shop on Diagon Ally. Have you ever thought of maybe expanding out? Maybe here to Hogsmeade? I'm sure there is an empty shop somewhere in that town. And I would be able to see you on the trips to Hogsmeade. I think there is one next weekend.

I got in trouble for falling asleep in my charms class today. I didn't mean to. It just sort of happened. I was tiered, to say the least. Just don't tell mum and dad, I'll likely get a Howler by tomorrow if you did.

We have a new potions teacher, Professor Slughorn. But don't get your hopes up, Professor Snape is now teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts and I personally want to stick a poisoned needle in his chair even though I have not been to one of his classes. Harry, Hermione and Ron have and it is, as you might imagine, horrible. Especially for Harry whom Snape seems to like singling out.   

Ginny and Dean are still going strong, yet I do not have a boyfriend yet, even though it is only the first day and I did not really expect it to be so fast anyways. I do have someone whom I do currently like, though you have to promise not to tell anyone or to make fun of me if I tell you. Do you promise? Pinkie promise? You have to swear to it. Here's one you can use:

I [enter name here] swear that I will not give the name, age, year, or house of the student that Miss Aly Weasley likes. I will not make fun of her, nor give her stupid advice.

What do you think? Is that good enough?

It is rather late, or well, early in the morning. I will send this when I get a change to go the the Owlery later.

Love,

Aly.

I let out a small sigh as I rolled the parchment up and tied it with a small piece of string. I wrote Fred and George on the front and sat for another moment on the couch before standing up and making my way to my bedroom, where Bella was surely up chewing her fingernails off waiting for details. I was happy when I saw she was asleep, leaned up against her bedboard in an uncomfortable position. I quietly changed in my pajamas and climbed into bed, pulling the warm covers up to my chin. I placed the letter I would send tomorrow on my bedside table and slowly drifted of to sleep.

Yes, I know it's rather short, but I think this chapter is rather good.

There's a gift of Tom Felton for you. You know you want it! ;) ->

Thanks for reading! Vote, Comment, and Save <3