Chapter Thirteen

Lexis.

"Oh my God! Mooch!" My sister screamed as she nearly jumped out her moving car to hug me. "My little sister's all grown up. I've missed you so much." The longer she hugged me the tighter we squeezed. She finally let go and smacked me in the face... hard. "What the hell is wrong with you! Why didn't you tell me you got released?!" She put her hands on her hips just like mom use to do when we got caught raiding her stash."Me getting released is the less exciting news that I have to sh—"

"Daddy! I poured Mr. Bubbles in the pool! Come look it's so fluf—" Aubree came running full speed at me drenched from head to toe. When her eyes landed on Angel her face got so serious. "—who's this lady?" She eyed her with her little diva attitude. I just stood there thinking to myself, thanks a lot, Karina."You have a daughter?! I have a niece?! How could you not tell me?!" Angel yelled with so much joy.

"Well nobody seems to let me finish tal—"

"Angel?! Oh my God! I missed you!" Karina smiled ear to ear coming from the back yard. I just rolled my eyes and went inside. "I get smacked but they don't hear me though." I mumbled to myself while hoisting Angel's suit case full of shoes to the guest room.

"Mooch she looks just like you two, and she such a diva! You're gonna have your hands full when she starts looking at boys." She laughed but I didn't find it funny in the slightest. "What? What boys? No no, there will be none of that. I will snap somebody's neck if—"

"If she grows up?" Karina entered the room chiming in. "There's no such thing Karina. I don't wanna hear none of this boy talk in my house from this point, forward." The room was silent for a few seconds until they both started hacking like hyenas. "This is why I dont like being around you two at the same time." I rolled my eyes walking out of the guest room. "I'll be in my office if y'all need me!" I shouted so they could hear me.

I'm glad my sister made it here okay but that doesn't mean crisis averted. Even though I gathered the money, I just have a feeling this is gonna come with strings attatched. I've known Mawley for a long time, dude just don't know when to quit. So I'm cooking up a plan b.

"Yo, I got the Money. 5th Avenue Tunnel 11:30." I got straight to the point, I don't like to talk too much.

"Good to know your have sense." Mawley laughed on the other end of the phone.

I really wasn't in the mood for his games. I shook my head at how he will never changed and hung up. I'll have to sneak out and meet up with Butter before Karina thinks she's coming with me. This is my fight and I'll die before jeopardizing her safety. I locked my office door and snuck out through the window.
I stuffed the drunk with my duffle bag and cautionary supplies. Back in the day I was well known for carrying my rid kit. Everybody knew disposal was my specialty. I didn't really affiliate myself with the drugs. I got the call from whatever hit man or high ranking drug dealer, I got rid of the bodies. No face, no trace, no dna, no files, no blood, no anything. I never missed a beat. I could make it look like you never existed and the only proof left was your mom's word, you know, unless they killed her too.

One day I got a call from this Mawley dude, he needed my services but when I was done he called again, to offer me a job. He wanted me to retrieve something from a dead man's safety deposit box. "I thought the dead was your speacialty" he told me. He was convincing but I told him no, I wasn't into gangs. I worked alone. He didn't take it lightly so he started making threats and leaving clues in my house. He was out of his fucking mind.

He left a picture of Angel in the shape of a heart in my mail box... that's when I agreed. I had to protect my baby sister no matter what. I promised her I would. From abuse to the streets to foster care and back I'd kill for her. She was all I had.

"Yo, what up?" Butter dapped me up closing my passenger door. "It's Mawley. We gotta go for a ride." He nodded and I pulled off. Butter never spoke much but he was ready for whatever. He was the closest I ever got to a brother. "I thought you was out the game J." He finally spoke after an hour of driving. "I am, Im clean. This mothafucka won't leave me alone. He's threatening Angel again."

"So what you think is about to happen? You give him what he wants and he won't stop coming for you until you're as miserable as he is or You kill him then you either take over the business or you're on his people's hit list."

"No. I have a plan." I smiled to myself.

Karina.

I've missed Angel so much! Hanging with her takes me back to the good ol days. "We were inseparable until you started freaking on my brother!" We both laughed hysterically. "Didn't that just bring us closer?"

"Whatever blows your rocket boo. Where have you been all these years? You could've talked to me. It's like you both left me clueless. All I knew was my brother was gonna be away for a long time and you were gone with the wind!"

"I know I'm so so sorry Angel, really. It was for everyone's protection, especially you." I expressed concern for her and she could tell by my eyes that something was up. "Karina, why did my brother really call me here?"