Chapter Five

Jynx.

I woke up feeling relieved in so many ways. The comfort of the bed, the sexual frustration gone, everything felt so new. For the first time in a long time I woke up to the smell of edible breakfast. Karina surprisingly still had all of my old stuff in the guest bedroom.

The smell was making my stomach growl and I just couldn't take it. I got up to brush my teeth and left out the room with just pajama pants on. "Oh I'm sorry." Karina stopped in the hallway after running straight into my chest. "It's fine, Good morning."

"Good morning. I just made breakfast if you're hungry."

"Thank you."

"Yeah... but about last night, did you talk to G?"

"Oh yeah, after you came for the millionth time, you fell asleep and I carried you upstairs to put you in bed. Then he came in and saw me in the kitchen, but I told him you were helping a family friend."

"Oh god I feel so bad, I cheated on him and completely forgot about him in the moment. Im such a terrible person, and a cheater—"

"Karina you're not a terrible person, it was both of our fault. I won't come on to you again, it was just... I missed you and—" I didn't get the chance to finish what I wanted to say because I was pulled into a kiss. I would be a fool if I didn't kiss her back.

"Okay maybe now you're considered a terrible person."

"Whatever."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Aren't you always asking me something?"

"I see you got jokes but yeah I was just curious what you did with all the money?"

"I still have most of it, I barely touched it."

"Why?"

"I don't know, I just didn't. I felt like it belonged to you. You can have it all."

"No, I don't need all of it just some so I can get on my feet again."

"Please don't go back to making bad choices Lexis. I don't want to go-"

"No no, I'm not. I did my time the right way but I never got a chance to explain everything to you."

"Yeah you don't have to—"

"I want to. You know I was the biggest king pin in the city. I already had money but there was a reason for robbing that bank. It was to throw the police off and collect the dope that was in the safety deposit boxes that was stolen from me. I had to go get it and trust me I didn't want to drag you into my fucked up lifestyle. You should've left for a few days but you're too hardheaded to listen to anyone..."

***

"Something came up, pack your stuff you gotta leave the city for a few days." I paced around the room collecting the last of my things. How the fuck did everything go downhill so quickly? "No I'm not leaving you alone when you can get hurt or anything could happen!" Karina yelled to me with her eyes filled with tears. I hated to see her cry but I was just trying to protect her the best way I knew how. "I'm coming with you and I don't care what you say about it!"

"K, you cannot come with me to rob a bank! I don't want you to get wrapped up it my trouble. I told you I will be fine, just go. I'll come back for you once everything is cool."

"No! Why are you doing this?"

"There's no time to explain baby, please just go. Drive to your mom's."

"No. How do I know if I'll see you again."

"To be honest with you, I don't even know if I'll make it out of this situation but I need you to listen to me."