Chapter Six

Monica.

"Hey Mrs. Thomas, you got a call from G Taurez on line one and did you get the paperwork I put in your mailbox?"

"Yes I did I'm gonna run back home to get them after I take this call. Thanks Stace."

"You're welcome." She smiled closing the door behind her. I picked up the phone and clicked over.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Nothing I just wanted to check on you, how's work?"

"It's alright, thanks for checking up."

"Of course-- uh... I got to go. I'll talk to you when I get home. I love you."

"I love you too."

I hung up the phone and grabbed my car keys. "Stace, I'll be right back." She nodded her head and I made my way down the elevator and to my car. It took me at least 10 minutes to get home.

I unlocked my front door and saw Jynx sitting on the couch watching tv. He looked up at me and shook his head. "What?"

"You'll see." I gave him a weird look and went up to my room to get the papers Stacey needed. "Oh my god babe! I'm so sorry!" G yelled as soon as I opened the door.

I felt all this anger take over my body and charged. I was swinging her all over the place and beating on her face. I felt a big pair of heavy arms pulling my body off of her. "Jynx get off of me!" I kicked until I escaped but I still had a grip on her hair. I dropped her with my right fist and started stomping her face.

"Karina! That's enough!" Lexis yelled at me in that tone he uses all the time. He pulled me off and I threw my shoe at her jaw. "G are you serious? You gon' fuck this bitch in my house!? In my bed? Get out! Lexis get off of me! You knew about it too! You had me looking like a damn fool. Get the fuck out!" I screamed at everybody as loud as I could.

Lexis helped the girl wobble out my door and G stood there dumbfounded. "Monica, let me--"

"So that's why you make sure I'm at work every morning? Get out!" I yelled in his face and pushed him away from me. He shook his head and mumbled something before closing my door. There was blood on my knuckles and now on my floor. Who the fuck is gonna clean this out my carpet?

I stood there for a second trying to collect my thoughts then went into the bathroom to wash my hands and face. I fixed my hair, grabbed my paperwork and headed for the door. "Where are you going K?"

"Not now!" I raged with so much venom in my voice. He nodded his head and walked away. I know the rest of my day is just going to be terrible with that sitting on my mind.

A few minutes later I pulled up in the parking lot and headed back into the building. "Here you go Stacey."

"Um... are you alright?" She had concern in her voice but I wasn't up for talking. "Yeah I'm fine." I plastered a fake smile and closed my office door. Plopping in my chair I sighed... this is all too much! I'm going to have to work through today.

I don't think I even had a right to be mad at G. I cheated on him with Lexis but it was only once and it wasn't in our bed.

***

"Lexis stop it! No, my hair!" I smacked his chest so he could put me down. "Aww I'm sorry babe, you mad at me? I wasn't gonna throw you in the water." He hugged me and my pouting turned into the biggest smile. We were in Cancun and it was a perfect late afternoon day to go to the beach. "Thank you for bringing me here. Everything is so pretty."

"I'll take you anywhere if you ask me to." I reached up for his face and planted a big kiss. He watched as I ran off on the beach looking like the biggest kid but I didn't care, I was so happy. "Lexis come over here, I found a starfish!" I admired the starfish but realized Lexis didn't say anything. I turned to see what he was doing and my jaw dropped.

"Karina, I love you with everything in me and I'm proud to let you know it everyday. Waking up to your beautiful face has been more than a blessing and I wouldn't have it any other way. Baby you're smart, successful, you're my backbone, my whole life, everything wrapped in one. The things we've been through, nobody else would be able to understand, but you do and I appreciate everything you've risked, gave up, and done for me. You'd never hurt me, and I surely would never... ever hurt you--"

The tears were already pouring down my face listening to all he had to say. I couldn't stop myself from crying even if I wanted to, but my smile never faded.

"--I promise you, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than me. When I think about you, I know that no one else will ever hold my heart the way you do. When I think of the future, I like to picture us as two trees planted side-by-side, our roots growing togther more firmly as the years go by, and our children sprouting like seedlings around us. Let's make a plan. Ten years from tonight, we'll tell our children the story of how I proposed to you. There are many ways to be happy in this life, but all I really need is you and I know my life will never be complete without you beside me to share it, so... Karina Moriah Stavi, will you marry--"

"Yes! Oh my god yes! Yes a million times! I love you so much!" He placed the ring on my finger and I couldn't wait for him to stand up so I can give him the tightest hug. "You know, I was going to say please but you had already said yes." He laughed and held me tighter against his warm body.

"Now your my fiancé." I giggled with my head laying on his chest. "Good, that's how I like it. Now we should go back to our room so I can make love to you like your already my wife."

"I love you too Lexis. Lets go." I pulled his arm in the direction of our hotel room. My baby deserves the right kind of treatment tonight.