01

Gifted

"Aly!" I heard someone call. A pause. "Aly, get up! We're leaving for Hogwarts today." I sighed and sat up from my comfortable bed in my bedroom I shared with my twin sister, Ginny. I didn't even know how I had been sleeping with all of the sunlight that was streaming through the windows off the bright room.

I slowly get up and get dressed in a pair of white jeans and a baby blue sweater, then I walked over to my mirror and started brushing my hair.

I was sad that Fred and George weren't going to be coming to Hogwarts this year. I always miss them when they were gone. We had some kind of special bonding that most brothers and sisters didn't have.

Of course Ron would be going to Hogwarts this year, along with Ginny. But their bonds with me were not as good as with Fred and George.

"Aly!" I heard the voice shout again.

"I'm coming, Gin!" I called back. I could tell that it was Ginny that was calling the me by the tone of her voice. Not to mention she was the only young female in this house besides me.

I tucked my wand into my boot and ran down the stairs, with my brush in hand. Once I got downstairs I found my trunk out of the four that were going, opened it, and stuck the brush into the trunk.

"What took you so long?" Ginny asked from the table as I locked my trunk back.

"I didn't want to leave the warmth of my bed," I said.

"You would give up Hogwarts for the warmth of your bed?" she asked.

"Not what I meant," I replied.

"Morning, Fred, George," Ginny said as I heard the door open.

"Morning," they said at the same time. I smiled and ran to give them both a hug.

"Hey," I said. "I haven't seen you since we went to your joke shop."

"We've been busy," Fred said. "We're always inventing new things for our shop, now tell us, what is our little sister planning to do this year I Hogwarts?"

I giggled. "Get a boyfriend," I said simply. "I'm tired of being single. Even Ginny's dating Dean."

"Well, who do you have in mind?" George asked as we sat down at the table.

"No one I particular," I replied as Ron and Harry wondered downstairs. Dumbledore had dropped Harry off at our house a few days ago. He gave me a small smile that I returned.

"What about Harry?" Fred whispered. I elbowed him.

"Me and Harry are just friends, nothing more," I said in a frustrated tone. "Besides, I don't like him like that."

"If you say so," George replied.

We all sat in silence until mum brought breakfast and dad got home from work. Then we all started eating. It was really good.

We all piled into some Ministry of Magic cars and they drove to the train station. The ride there was rather quiet and boring.

When we got there we found some trolley carts and made our way to platform 9 and 3/4, running into the wall between platform 9 and 10 when we were sure there were no muggles looking.

As soon as we got inside I saw the big red and black train that led to Hogwarts. It brought back so many memories including my first time at the castle and my sorting.

I felt two pairs of strong hands on my shoulders and knew that Fred and George were there by my side. I turned around and hugged them again, like I had when they arrived.