Bonfire

My eyes opened slowly in the morning. Me and Zach had stayed up late last night watching movies.

And arm was wrapped tightly around me holding my thigh. I was snuggled into them. Warmth radiated off him.

I stiffened as I realized Zach was cradling me in his arms. Our breathing matched as he moved and tugged me in closer.

I awkwardly pushed myself off of him and he woke up as I did so. He immediately released me, leaving me cold.

"Sorry" he yawned

"No, no it wasn't your fault." I said as I moved across his bed that we laid in.

Tension hung in the air and he stared at me. I looked back at him not knowing what to do.

"I'm going to go to my room" I said standing up. He muttered an 'okay' as I left and shut the door behind me.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the house over to mine. I looked in my mirror, once in my room, and I was a disaster. I looked like I crawled out of a hole.

I took a fast shower and got ready. I did my makeup to perfection then put on clothes. I picked out a light blue crop top and another pair of light wash skinny jeans. I curled my hair then put on shoes.

Then I walked downstairs making cereal. I sat on the couch eating coco puffs and Zach let himself in.

"Hey" I said glancing at him

"Hi, sorry for this morning" he said nervously

"It's fine. We were asleep" I shrugged though my heart picked up a pace

He made himself cereal too and sat down with me.

"So me and my friends usually have a little bonfire and they invite some other people too. Would you want to come?" Zach asked me

It wouldn't hurt.

"Why not" I gave him a forced smile. I have no intention in becoming friends with him or anyone else. It's easy that way when Callie kicks me out.

****

I helped Zach get ready for the bonfire. We gathered giant pieces of wood from the trees behind his house and set them up.

Then we walked inside and set out beers putting anything breakable or valuable away. Me and Zach sat on the couch after waiting for them to come.

In the end there was about 5 or 6 people who came—Zach said it was going to be small anyways.

Zach's only close friends were Josh and Dan. They pathetically flirted with me while their dates watched.

The two girls who came with Josh and Dan were both blonde. One was obviously a slut and the other seemed to be nice. I felt bad for the second girl, she seemed normal (not a slut) and nice. But Dan didn't really seem to care for her.

Josh had that skimpy girl hanging on his shoulder. I think her name was Brenda or Betty, something with a B. The other girl was named Jackie.

Then another two guys were there. Andy and Nick. They flirted with all three of us and seemed very a like. Zach said he barely knew them.

We all got beers and sat around the fire. The B girl had taken Andy and gotten into the hot tub with him while Josh looked annoyed.

Everyone else talked and we played dumb games.