Chapter 17- We're On Top of the World

Start from the beginning

But the vision of his wings only lasted for a moment for he quickly tucked them back. And then I was snapped out of my crazy, lust-filled moment when the other goddesses screamed their appreciation at Thanatos’ body.

My face flamed for my mom was one of those. Oh gods, talk about embarrassment!

“Aurea?” Thanatos asked softly.

Jeez. I just realized that I completely spazzed out there and didn’t hear whatever it was that he told me.

“Sorry?”

“I asked if you would like to go somewhere for now. We could stay here but I could show you the other places I love. Remember our deal in the radio station?” he asked.

“Of course, I remember!” I replied and my face split into a wide grin.

“So would you like to go?” he asked. There was this hopeful look in his eyes. It was a look which you couldn’t just say no to. It was like a cute little puppy asking you to lift him up and cuddle.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“Give me a minute. There’s just so many great locations around the world that it’s hard to choose.” He answered with a nervous chuckle.

“It’s alright. Take all the time you need.” I replied.

While waiting, my mind drifted once more. My memory took me to the lake again. After snapping out of my lust-filled trance for Thanatos, I looked towards the other side of the river where Achilles started to strip too.

Yes, he also had a hot, gorgeous body worthy of a Greek marble sculpture... But sad to say, he did nothing for my libido. I stared and stared but I just found him hot. Plain hot.

Not super duper mega ultra hot.

“Aurea?” Thanatos’ voice reached me again.

And again, I spazzed out.

“Sorry? Didn’t catch that.” I told him.

His face hardened. “Please tell me if I am boring you. I am really sorry but I do not seem to be good at this conversation stuff.” He said in an apologetic tone.

“Oh, no! No!” I said and I grabbed his arm.

“You’re really good at this! It’s just that I... My thoughts are drifting off. I really had fun today at the games and my brain seems to want to recall every moment.” I said. It wasn’t really a lie but I couldn’t just very well tell him that I am recalling the images of his half-naked body on the lake.

“I think I know the best place.” He said.

“What is it?” I asked excitedly.

“You’d just have to wait and see.” He told me with a wink.

Before I could react, he grabbed my hand and I darkness surrounded both of us as he teleported us to the surprise place.

I opened my eyes again and we were in some kind of a large circular room. There was a small crowd and I realized that they were tourists. They had cameras strapped around their necks and they were standing in front of glass windows which overlooked into a vast skyline.

“Welcome to Dubai.” Thanatos whispered in my ear.

“We’re in Dubai?” I squeaked. I could hardly keep the excitement out of my voice as I turned to face him. He lazily lounged against one of the glasses as he nodded at me.