Testosterone and Girl Talk

Start from the beginning

I suddenly pull away and Seth looks at me with confused, tired eyes.

“What’s wrong?” he mumbles. His hands run in soothing circles, almost as if he is trying to comfort me.

“I probably have awful morning breath,” I whisper from behind my hand that is covering my mouth.

He chuckles and pulls my hand away before pressing a kiss on my lips.

“You’re morning breath is sexy,” he whispers, sending chills up my spine. I laugh and kiss him back.

“That’s good, because yours isn’t.”

Seth bursts out laughing and I can’t help but chuckle along with him. I wrap my arms around him and he does the same to me. We stay like that for a minute until Krista calls us to the kitchen.

“Come on. I’m hungry.”

We walk in the kitchen with me in front and Seth’s following him, his hands on my waist. Krista glances over, her eyes landing on Seth’s hands, and lets off a sly smile. She doesn’t say anything, but turns around and dishes some of the food onto plates.

During breakfast there is an awkward silence at the table. Seth is staring down his mom as she tries to avoid him and I am just sitting uncomfortably in my chair. After ten minutes, I feel like I am going to explode, and from the looks of it, so is Krista.

“Seth, would you stop staring at me!” she admonishes. “I am a full grown woman. I’m you’re mother! I can go out with whomever I please.”

Seth doesn’t say anything. He just continues to stare. I kick him under the table and finally his attention from his mom breaks so he can turn his head and glare at me. I scowl at him and he sighs.

“Does he treat you alright?” he grumbles.

“Absolutely,” Krista states.

Again, silence stretches over the group.

“Fine! I’ll try to be nice, but there are no guarantees. If he hurts you in anyway, I will kick his ass. Boss or not.” Krista laughs amusedly at her son. She puts her plates in the sink, kisses Seth on the head and gives me a quick hug before she leaves the room.

Seth sits with his arms crossed, not saying a word.

“So what? Are you giving me the silent treatment because I kicked you?” I ask.

He just grumbles.

“Seriously! I did nothing wrong. You were the one that was acting like a complete asshole!” His scowl does not lessen, but he turns his eyes to me. “Your Mom is happy. You should be happy for her.” 

And with that I leave him sitting at the table. He can do the damn dishes. I flip on the television and sift through channels, trying to look for something semi-interesting. 

Five minutes later, Seth comes out of the kitchen and sits next to me on the couch. He turns so his body is facing mine. I keep my eyes glued to the screen, not acknowledging him. The silent treatment can work two ways apparently.

“Low,” he whispers. 

I don’t say anything and have to carefully compose myself when he touches my hand.

“I’m really sorry. I know that I was being a jackass.”

Still nothing.

“Please look at me.”

The hopeless tone in his voice is what turns my head.

“I’m sorry. I know that I am being an asshole, but you’ve got to understand that this is my mom. I have seen her go through so much heartache that I can’t stand to see her have to go through any more. I’m just worried that she will get hurt again.”