Chapter 34

Chapter 35

*BELLA’S POV*

“Bella?” Edward’s voice called from a distance.

I lowered my shield. I killed her.

“Bella!” His voice called out in distress.

I turned and saw his figure heading my way. “Are you alright?” He asked, staring into the fire.

That’s the thing. I wasn’t okay. And I haven’t been for quite some time. All this emotional wreckage… And stress.

But yet, the same words came out of my mouth. “I’m fine.”

“You made sure to burn every piece?” He asked.

I nodded.

“The Denali’s are not going to be pleased.”

“Or Aro.”

Edward groaned. “We’re going to have to pay them a visit.”

I snapped my head in his direction, my face full of fear.

“No worries, Love. We always make it out fine.”

I sighed, and returned to the house in silence with Edward. I think he could tell that everything was building up on me.

As soon as I entered, I noticed Nessie’s absence.

“Where’s Ness?” I asked.

“She’s taking a shower. Jake is sleeping outside.” Emmett said.

“Oh. Okay.”

“Hey, Bella, we need to talk to you.” Alice said from the couch.

I nodded and came to sit beside her.

“I saw what you did to Autumn. I told everyone, but Nessie. Now that she’s gone, I saw visions again, and Edward read Nessie’s mind.”

My eyes opened wider, interested.

“Nessie is supposed to convince us to come back with her to Volterra.” Jasper informed me.

I gasped. “She wouldn’t…”

“Exactly. She wouldn’t. She was hoping that we would notice something and work something out with Aro. She wants to stay.”

I cried out in happiness, that my baby wasn’t gone for good. I hugged Edward close to me, and kissed him.

“But Aro is another story.” Alice’s words crushed me back down to reality.

I went silent, and hid my face in Edward’s chest.

“Aro knows you killed Autumn. He isn’t happy.” She paused. “He wants to fight.”