Chapter 23

Chapter 23

*BELLA’S POV*

“Hey Alice.” I smiled, and greeted her in her room.

“Hi Bella! What’s up?” She smiled, and stopped re-applying her makeup.

“Not much. Bored, to me honest.”

She giggled. “Yeah, I get bored when Jasper is gone hunting too. That’s when I do my makeup!” She returned to fixing her face in the mirror.

I smiled a fake smile. “Yeah. So have you seen anything recently?” I asked.

She pursed her lips. “Nothing important.” Then Alice giggled. “I saw what you and Edward are going to be doing tonight in the cottage.”

I gasped and slapped her thin arm playfully. “Why would you even watch that?”

“It just popped up! I can’t ignore my visions, Bella.”

I laughed. “Anything else?”

“Nope. Oh, I saw that Autumn is planning on leaving.”

I grinned. “Really?” I shrieked.

“Yeah,” Alice laughed. “And she had some sort of plan… I didn’t see much. But Edward told me that Autumn isn’t very intelligent. He’s been listening to her mind.” She picked up a makeup brush and held my face in her cold hands and did my makeup.

I sat patiently still until she finished.

“You are beautiful, Bella!” She squealed.

I smiled. “Thank you, Alice. So are you.”

She clapped. “I try.”

I smelled Edward, Emmett, and Jasper returning, and a few moments later heard their footsteps on the porch.

“They’re home!” Alice yelled, running outside.

I decided to follow her.

Edward’s face lit up as he saw me. “I missed you, love.” He said, kissing my forehead.

I hugged him. “I missed you too.”

“Isn’t it nice that they still share so much love after the years?” I heard Esme coo beside Carlisle.

“I should say the same for you, Esme.” Edward said.

She smiled, and returned to the house with Carlisle.

“Where is Renesmee?” Edward asked.

“At Jacob’s, on the reservation.” She should be home by now though.

“Shouldn’t she be home now?” Edward asked.

I furrowed my brow. “Yes, I think so.” I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket.

“That won’t be necessary.” Edward told me.

“Why?” I asked, but I soon smelled the answer. Jacob was in wolf form, and running here.

Edward gasped. “No…” He started running in Jacob’s direction.

“What?” I followed him, trying my best to keep up.

“Jacob!” Edward yelled, stopping abruptly in front of the russet wolf.

I could recognize that the two were having a silent conversation.

“Will you please tell me what’s going on!?” I yelled into the silence.

Jacob phased to human form, and slipped on his shorts.

“Where’s Renesmee?” I asked.

Jake struggled to catch his breath. “I don’t know.”