Chapter 2-"The wicked bitch and the manslag"

Start from the beginning

Now,this is where I enter the scene. I am the second child, the second Leclaire and the second idol. It’s hard to overrule your perfect sister and even harder to try and be different. Its like everything has already been done and nothing left for you to do, like the world is against you if you go try and be unique. A curse more or less. So I did what was logical,I became everything that she wasn’t. Which set me apart, something that I am glad for.

Since the very day I was born,I was considered second to best which resulted in me always getting the next best thing.Even my stupid name that makes me sound like a dude was the second choice for their first child.And,it worked with everything.

If we wanted barbie’s she would get the pretty blond girl with a summer dress , various shoes and Ken the dashing boyfriend with a red car whereas I got stuck with a Barbie with accessories.

If we wanted icecream She would get the chocolate sundae topped with syrup,choco chips and rainbow coloured sprinkles while I got a simple,old choco sundae with nothing but a cone to keep me excited.Never was I given the best.No matter what the circumstances were.It obviously didn’t go unnoticed and soon enough,Ariel realized the advantage she had over me.Making her the wicked bitch she is now.

So,I thought that if I ever want to make her pay the price for my fucked up life,all I had to do was to be good at everything she was bad at.As if luck was by my side,all I liked she hated making it a piece of cake.

I took piano lessons,painted instead of drawing and learned Jazz while she stuck to ballet and so on and so forth.I am edgier than her in nature.in short, I am all that she isn’t and maybe even more.And,its awesome.Naturally our personalities differ leading to clash of opinions taking places not so every now and then.

I sighed and quickly parked the car. Who knew time could run so fast. It felt like I was in my house a minute ago. I picked up my bag and opened the door of the car. I was immediately greeted with people whispering to each other and the others drooling over the car. I rolled my eyes and started walking towards the entrance, without a second glance. I raised my hand that was holding the key behind my head and locked the car with a loud beep.

‘Man,That was so hot!’ I heard a guy say that was walking past me. I shook my head and smirked at the fellow who being surprised, lost his balance and almost fell face down on the ground. The smirk on my face grew as I tried to control the laughter bubbling inside me while I headed toward my locker.

‘Aiden! Wait up!’I heard Amanda’s shrilly voice yelling at my back.I turned around just as she stopped in front of me, out of breath. I wonder how long she’s been running to keep up with me. I turned back around and continued walking down the hall and to my locker.I entered my combination and pulled out my English book for the first period along with the others after it.

‘you bitch! First you didn’t stop when I practically screamed out your name twenty freakin’ times and now you go on ignoring me as If I don’t exist!’ Amanda yelled besides me.

‘Morning Amanda’ I said,smiling

I closed the locker and walked to my English class well aware that she was still behind me angrier than how my mom was this morning.

‘Don’t go "morning" me! I am not talking to you if you don’t apologise this second,YOU HEAR THAT?’ she said, furiously

Geez,I get that she is mad but does she have to yell that last bit in my ear? I quickly covered my ear with my hand afraid that she might harm it again.

‘Look I am-’ I said just as the bell rang.Both our heads turned towards the bell while we muttered a simultaneous ‘shit’ under our breaths.We locked eyes and chuckled at the uncanny resemblance while parting ways to go to class.