Love changes everything- 16

"Is Demi going to be there?" Liam asks, excitingly, as his aunt just picked him up from school and they're on their way to the gym.

"Yep. She's supposed to be there. She might be a little bit later, though"

"Why's that?"

"Because she came to work a little too late today, so she might have to work a little longer to make up for the time she was too late" Olivia explains to her little nephew.

After Demi had calmed down, that morning, Olivia sat her down on the couch. She had given her a cup of tea and sat down next to her, making sure she was okay.
Eventually, Demi felt better. A lot better actually. A weight was lifted off her shoulder, now that she had told someone and it wasn't bottled up inside of her anymore.
After she had cleaned herself up and looked good enough to leave, she left. But she was late to work, just like Olivia was late to class.

"Why was she late?" Liam asks.
He is still in this stage where he always needs to know everything.
Why and what.
How and who.
Where and when.
Absolutely everything.
If it isn't clear to him, it can't be true.

"It took her a little longer to get ready, this morning" Olivia doesn't feel the need to get into details about why Demi took a little longer to get out of the house.
This little boy deals with enough drama in his life, he doesn't have to deal with other people's drama, too.
Besides, she's pretty sure Demi wouldn't want her to tell Liam, either. It's just none of his concern.

-

Demi is happy, as she can finally leave work.

Like she had predicted, she needed to stay a little longer, since she came about close to an hour late this morning.

She's free to go now, and makes her way over to the gym, before going back home.
She wants to see Olivia and Liam as soon as possible and she is not gonna waste more time then she already did.

She enters the gym and is greeted by the voice of SpongeBob.
A grin makes a way onto her face, as she walks closer to the little boy, who's too occupied with his show, to even see her coming.

"Hey munchkin" she scares the little boy, as she taps his shoulder.

As soon as Liam sees Demi, he jumps into her arms.
He loves Demi. He loves her almost as much as he loves his aunt.
He also knows that his aunt loves Demi and that Demi loves his aunt.
He knows they love each other as more then friends. And even though he doesn't know that much about relationships, he knows that Demi and Olivia want to be in one. Or maybe they already are.

"How are you, Liam?" Demi asks, as she puts him back down on the floor, catching Olivia's attention, too.

"I'm good. You too, right?"

"Yeah, me too" Demi smiles, as the little boy, as Olivia already has her arms wrapped around Demi.
Demi looks at Olivia and kisses her on the lips.

Liam smiles to himself, as he sees that happens. He knows that's a good sign, so he's happy.

The two girl do their workout, together, while Liam occupies himself with his aunt's phone.
After they are done, they make their way to the ice cream shop.

"The usual" Liam orders, as the guy behind the counter smiles at him, knowing what the usual is.

They joke around, as usual, as they eat their ice cream, before they have to leave again.

"You wanna join us?" Olivia asks Demi.

"No thanks. I'm gonna go home now. I haven't seen my mom since yesterday" Demi declines, wanting to hear her mother's voice again.

As much as she loves spending time with Olivia and Liam, she also loves spending time with her mother and her two sisters.

"Okay. You know where I live, so you can just come over whenever you want" Olivia gives the brown eyed girl a smile.

"Thank you" Demi laughs a little, as she lifts Liam up in her embrace.

"Bye, munchkin. I'll see you soon, yeah?" she kisses his cheek.

"Yep. I hope so. I love you, Demi" he wraps his short arms around the older woman's neck, burying his face in her neck.

"I love you too, Liam" she rubs his back, before she puts him back down on the ground.

Demi then turns to the older girl standing so close to her, that she can feel her breath on her face.
A big smile creeps on both of their faces, as they look at each other and both lean in, kissing each other passionately.

"I love you, Olivia" Demi hears herself say, as they slowly pulls away.
In a way she thinks it's too early to be saying that, but then again, it's not.
They are not like other couples are.
They know they are meant to be. The both of them can feel it.
They are made for each other. And Demi doesn't feel the need to push things off. There's no need for that.
She loves the girl, so why not just tell her?

"I love you, too, Demi" Olivia makes Demi even happier by replying that.

They kiss again and then pull away, as Olivia takes hold of Liam's hand.
They wave at each other, before making their own way home.

"Hey momma" Demi smiles, as she enters the house she shares with her mother.
She's greeted by both of her sisters, though.

"Hey guys. I didn't expect to see you" she gives them both a hug.

"Hey Dem" Nathalie smiles at her youngest sister.

"Hi Demi. How was your sleepover?" Caroline smiles at her, too.

"It was good. I had fun" Demi decides not to tell then that she's kissed Livia, yet.

"And your workout?" Nat asks.

"Yeah, it was good, too. Is everything okay, though? Where's mom?" Demi questions.

"She's on the phone in her room. She'll be down as soon as she's done" her oldest sister replies.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, it's good. We're just waiting for mom to be done with the phone call. Everything will be fine. Don't worry"

"It's dad, isn't it?" Demi can see on the way her sister talks, that it must be something in that direction.

Nathalie looks at her baby sister and slowly nods her head.

"Yes" she sighs, "It's dad"