Love changes everything- 7

Out of the corner of her eye, Demi sees Olivia looking at them.
She decides not to pay attention to it, though, as she's having a very deep conversation with Liam. About SpongeBob.
He offered her to watch it with him, but she kindly declined. She couldn't help laughing at his cuteness, though.

"Hey" their conversation gets interrupted by Olivia.
Liam smiles up at his aunt, but Demi doesn't know what to do.
She can't let her walls down around this lady. She doesn't know her. The lady is not supposed to see her smile, laugh or even talk to the cute little boy.
She doesn't know what to do now. She can't just walk away. That's too rude. Besides, she was enjoying Liam's company. She doesn't just wanna leave him like that.
She also doesn't wanna talk to Olivia, though. Well, that's what she's trying to convince herself.

From what Olivia has shown her so far, she looks exactly like a person Demi would hang out with. Sweet, gentle, nice, funny, fun to be around, caring. All those things Demi left behind. All those things Demi would never admit she missed having around.

She craves having a friend. She misses being able to hang out with someone she loves and cares about, other then family.
She wouldn't admit it, though. Not to herself and not to others.

"Liv, this is Demi" Liam's voice brings her mind back to the gym.

"I know. We've already met" Olivia smiled her beautiful smile, making Demi want to kiss her.

Demi mentally slaps herself for even thinking that way. She's not going to get into a relationship with anyone.
Not today and not in the near future, either.

"Really? When?" Liam shakes her out of her thoughts, again.

"Yesterday"

Demi sits there awkwardly, still not knowing what to do with herself.

"I.. uhh.. I should probably, uh, finish up here. Uh, I have to... I have to go home soon" Demi says, uncomfortably, as she stands up from the floor, trying to escape this awkward moment.

"Are you gonna be here tomorrow?" The six year old asks, hopeful.

"Yeah, I will" she gives him a smile, making him smile back.

"Okay, then I'll ask my daddy to let Olivia pick me up from school again, so that I can see you here again tomorrow"

"Sure" she gives him another smile, completely ignoring the lady standing right behind him, as she returns to her work out.

Olivia sighs, as she looks at Demi doing her sport.
She shouldn't have come close to them. She should've let them talk and let Demi enjoy her nephew a little longer.
She saw something in Demi's eyes change, as she stood up from the floor.
She knows and feels that she has ruined a happy moments for that girl. And even though she doesn't even know her, she feels extremely bad about herself.

As soon as Demi stood up and left the little boy with his aunt, to finish up her workout, the anger returned.
She is once again furious at the situation with her dad. And all the other built up frustration and saddens she has to deal with every day, comes up together with her anger, as she furiously pulls herself up, with every sit-up she does.

Olivia keeps watching the girl. It looks to her like she is letting all her built up emotions out, in her workout. And in a way it hurts Liv.
She doesn't know why, but it hurts her to know that this girl is suffering. It hurts her to know that Demi is in pain.

"Is she okay? She looks a little mad" Liam shakes his aunt out of her thoughts.

"Maybe you should go over to her and ask" Olivia suggests.
She knows that if she goes over, Demi will not tell her anything, anyway.
But maybe if Liam goes over, they'll go back to having a nice conversation, without Olivia interrupting them, this time.
Maybe the little boy can find his way into the girls heart and make her open up to him.