Love changes everything- 11

Nora, Nathalie and Caroline are still sitting in the living room, when Demi enters.
The small smile playing on her lips, making all of their hearts feel a little lighter.
She's okay.
She's happy.

"Hey guys" Demi smiles.

"Hey. How was it?" her mom asks the usual.

"It was good" Demi is debating on wether she should tell them that she didn't actually work out in the end.

"Why don't you go take a shower and we can talk a little more?" Caroline suggests, knowing her younger sister will never do anything before she takes a shower, after she's been to the gym.

"Actually," Demi starts, deciding on telling them. She knows it'll make them happy, so why not just tell them?
"I ended up not working out"

"Why's that?" Demi's oldest sister is surprised.
She knows her baby sister loves doing her work out. After all, she's the only one of the three sisters that hasn't stopped yet.

"Well, I kinda met this girl" Demi blushes a little, as all three women in the room look at her with big smiles, asking her to continue.

"I met her in the gym, two days ago. She comes there every day, so she was there yesterday, too. And today, because I was late, she was just leaving when I came. So we went and got ice cream together" Demi tells the three eager ladies.

"You like her a lot, don't you?" Nathalie is very happy.

Demi must really like this girl.
Otherwise, she would have never even uttered a single word to her. Let alone go somewhere with her.
It makes Nathalie happy to know that this girl can bring her little sister back. That this girl can change Demi for the better.

"Yeah, I do" Demi admits, "I just feel this certain way around her. I feel like home, when I'm with her. Like that's where I belong"

Nora can't help but smile, as she watches her youngest daughter's eyes gleam with happiness.
This girl, is the girl Nora and her two older daughters have been waiting for.
This girl, is the girl that Demi needs.
The girl that will bring back the Demi they know and miss.
The girl that will bring out the best in Demi.
That will make her happy and outgoing again.
That will lighten up her life.
That will bring the joy she deserves.

Nora is sure of it.
If in two days, this girl can have already dragged Demi along with her, to get something to eat, it means she's the one. There's no other way Demi would have talked to her.
And this makes Nora incredibly happy.

Caroline is happy, too. She likes seeing her younger sister this way. Talking about someone she met.
Caroline always knew Demi was into girls. Most of her relationships were with girls. Only her first one was a boy, and Demi right away knew it wasn't for her. She'd told her sister that and Caroline was fine with that.
She knows that this girl, Demi is talking about, is a girl that Demi really needs. She can see in the way that Demi is acting, that the change is already starting. The good change. The one she, as well as her mom and older sister, have been waiting for.

"So, do we get to meet her?" Caroline asks, wanting to know who this special girl is.

"Not so fast, Car. We've only know each other for three days. We're not dating. We're just friends" Demi chuckles.

"So? Can't I meet your friends?"

"Yeah, of course you can, but she has to want to. I'm not gonna drag her here"

"No, of course not" Caroline smiles at her little sister.

"You gotta let us know when you're inviting her over, though" Nat says.

"Yeah, don't worry. I will" Demi gives them both a smile, as she stands up, "I'm going to bed. I'm tired"

"Good night, Demi. Sleep well" her mother gives her a hug and a kiss on the cheek, while her two sisters give her a hug, too.

"Night" she mumbles, as she makes her way upstairs.

"I think we should wait with dad. Wait until Demi and this girl get a little settled, if they're going anywhere with this. This girl brings out the good in Demi. If she's gonna see dad now, she's gonna drop it" Caroline says, as soon as Demi is out of sight.

"Yeah, I think we should wait a few more weeks and see. I think, as you said, that this girl is bringing her back. Once she's more comfortable again and happier, then we can maybe make her see dad. Maybe then everything will get better again" Nora's eldest daughter agrees with her younger sister, and Nora herself can't disagree.

"Okay, so next time he calls I'll tell him to call back in a few weeks" she confirms.

"Yeah, that's the best we can do for now, I think. But I do eventually want to see him" Caroline adds.

"I'm not sure, yet. For now, let's just wait till we see what will happen with Demi. Then we can decide" Nat says, as she stands up and gets her coat, "I'm gonna go now. Andrew should be home anytime now. Goodnight" she gives her mother and sister a hug and closes the door behind her, happy to see that her little sister is doing a little better.

Caroline soon follows her older sister's actions, and leaves her mother's home as well, to go to her own.
She, too, is happy with the situation.

Meanwhile, Demi is in bed, unable to fall asleep.
All she can think about is that beautiful, sweet girl, she spent time with today.
That girl that Demi thinks she's already falling for.
The girl that makes her feel that she has a place where she belongs.
The girl that makes her miss her old self.
That makes her miss the time when she was so open and happy, as this girl is.
The time when she would greet strangers and make them feel better.

Demi is happy that she told her family.
She could see both of her sisters, as well as their mother, smile when she told them. She could see them sigh, like a weight was lifted off of their shoulders.

She knows she worries them a lot. She knows she's one of their main concerns. So seeing them so happy about her meeting with Olivia, makes her even happier then before.

-

Olivia, is in bed as well, unable to fall asleep.
She is so proud of herself for having made Demi smile.
It's like she knew exactly what Demi needed to let her in a little.
And she knows she's gonna see more of Demi.
The way Demi embraced her today, as they bumped into each other. And the way Demi joked with her and laughed with her. The way Demi even agreed to go get ice cream with her.
She knows this is gonna lead to a friendship, if not more.
And she can't help, but smile about it.

-----
My skin is totally peeling off and my blister opened up and it hurts like a bitch.
Don't ever get sunburned! It's a total pain in the ass.
You should all be extremely happy that you can't see me.

And my cousin is getting married tomorrow and I look absolutely horrible cause of my blister, my skin that's peeling off and my tomato red head, so I'm gonna be walking around like a freak over there and everyone is gonna feel bad for the bride for having such a monster as a cousin.
And in a weird way, I actually think that's absolutely hilarious.