Chapter Two: The Wedding Gift

Gisela sunk back in her cooling bath water, she didn't know how she had made it through the last month but things weren't getting better; she still wished to go home even if she knew that wasn't possible. 

Carlos only called for her when he was bored or drunk and she couldn't leave the house unless she was with him; she had only stepped out of the house a couple of times and that was for functions that Carlos took her to. 

It was all so unreal to Gisela that she had been married to Carlos for two months, they had been the worst two months of her life and she wanted nothing more than to escape the man that was making her life hell. 

Gisela brushed her fingers through her wet hair, she closed her blue eyes and prayed that things would get better; she knew that she would never be able to get away from Carlos until he was bored with her. 

"Time to get out of the bath," Taliana called walking into the bathroom with a towel, she smiled at Gisela knowing that Carlos wanted her ready for when his business partner arrived. 

Gisela took a deep breath before she climbed out of the bath, she wrapped the towel around herself and slowly walked out of the bathroom to get ready. 

Gisela looked at the red twist front dress that was hung up for her, she hated all the dresses that Carlos had bought her; she wanted to lounge around in jeans and feel normal but that just wasn't possible. 

"The guest should be here soon," Talina announced smiling as she moved to brush and prepared Gisela's long flowing blonde hair; she knew how Carlos liked it and she was sure that he would be pleased with what she had planned. 

Gisela didn't say a word, she just stared ahead at the mirror and she hoped that whoever Carlos had invited around wasn't going to be too much like her dear husband.

***

Gisela forced an interested smile to her face while Carlos talked with his business partner, she had no idea what they were talking about and she had learnt that it was better that she just stayed quiet. 

Gisela sipped on her drink as she felt Carlos rest a hand on her knee under the table, she tried to ignore it as he slowly slipped under the hem of her dress skirt. 

Her stomach rolled knowing what he was about to do and Gisela knew what would happen if she stopped him, her back was still sore from the last time that he had lost his temper. 

"I actually have a wedding gift for the both of you," Antonio announced setting down his drink, he had been waiting for the right moment to hand over the gift that had been at his place for two months. 

Of course, Antonio had used the gift for his own enjoyment and he was sure that Carlos would enjoy the item that he had brought with him; he snapped his fingers allowing his gift to be dragged into the living room. 

Carlos removed his hand from under Gisela's dress as he got to his feet and moved to inspect the gift; he was quite sure that this was the strangest gift that anyone had ever given him. 

Gisela felt her stomach drop at the sight of the half-naked man that was in chains with a bag over his head, she couldn't believe what she was seeing and she knew that there was only one reason Antonio was getting away with this. 

"He's a wonderful specimen," Carlos mused admiring the werewolf, he circled around him knowing that he hadn't owned one in a while; he used to breed fighting wolves for cage fights for a little bit of money. 

Antonio nodded his head, he brushed a hand over the werewolf's pale freckled shoulders as he walked passed him; he had enjoyed breaking his gift in for his friend.

Gisela couldn't move from her seat as she stared at the werewolf, she had never been so close to one before and she had no idea what to make of him; she felt horrible that he was in this situation. 

Gisela drowned out the talk around her, she knew that Carlos wouldn't turn down a gift like this and she was a little curious; she didn't know what it was but there was something about him. 

"What do you think Gisela?" Antonio asked looking to Gisela, he smirked knowing that he would happy take his gift back if the couple didn't want it; it was rare to come across a werewolf that was so easily broken and he knew that he would enjoy breaking him more. 

"She doesn't get an opinion," Carlos scoffed shaking his head, he didn't know why Antonio had even bothered asking her when none of his past wives had any say either. 

Gisela blinked looking between her husband and Antonio, she slowly moved to her feet; she swallowed knowing that she couldn't wait for Antonio to leave so Carlos would forget about her again. 

"So you don't want him?" Antonio asked turning his attention to Carlos, he moved closer to the wolf ignoring how he flinched as if knowing what would happen next. 

Gisela felt her heart drop, she had no idea what it was but she felt the need to do something and she knew that Carlos would kill her if she made a fool of him. 

"I have no use for a breeding wolf... better a fighting one," Carlos replied shaking his head, he wasn't in the game to sell werewolf pups even if he knew people who would pay a pretty penny for them. 

Antonio grinned a little pleased with the decision, he rested a hand on the werewolf's shoulder and grinned when the werewolf shook in fear of him. 

"Carlos," Gisela said desperately, she stepped towards her husband knowing that there had to be some way of changing his mind about getting rid of the werewolf. 

Carlos glared at his wife, he had no idea why she was interrupting him and he didn't mind giving her a slap while Antonio was here if it meant she learnt her place.

"Could we not keep him?" Gisela asked softly, she didn't move any closer to him because she didn't want to be in striking range; she peeked at him knowing that she had to play this very carefully. 

Carlos raised an eyebrow at Gisela, he didn't know what she was playing at but he knew that she had nothing to gain from any of this; she was his property now that she was married to him. 

"Why would I allow that?" Carlos asked slowly starting to walk towards Gisela, he would punish her when Antonio had left for questioning his decisions. 

Gisela opened and closed her mouth as she racked her mind for a reason that the werewolf should stay; she didn't know what to say that would get him to agree to this. 

"As a pet... to keep me company," Gisela suggested looking at Carlos hoping that he would go for it, she peeked over at the werewolf who was still as if worried about where this would go. 

Carlos furrowed his brow as he stared at Gisela, he wondered what game she was playing and he knew that he would be having a word with her when this was over. 

Antonio glared at Gisela, he wasn't pleased that she was in the process of changing Carlos's mind about his gift; he had been looking forward to ruining the werewolf. 

"A pet?" Carlos mused stopping before Gisela, he loved the fact that she was scared of him and he wondered how long it would take to completely break her like he had done with Marissa and Karla. 

Gisela nodded her head, she looked at Carlos knowing that she was in so much trouble for speaking up.