Nightmares Haunt Everyone

Trigger Warning :

Deals with some serious stuff. This is actual real world problems most of them at least, maybe even all of them. If you need someone to talk to, I'm always here. If you don't want to read it that's fine I'll sum it up next chapter.

Steve

When you went to bed Steve was still in his workshop fixing the invention you "broke". You decided to go to bed without saying goodnight because your lazy. As soon as your head hit the pillow you were out like a light.

~Into (Y/N)'s Head~

It was pitch black, and all you heard was water dripping onto the floor. You heard a rat or mouse squeak and run across the floor. "Well. Well. Well. (Y/N). Looks like someone came to rescue you."An evil voice called out to you. Spot lights came on and pointed to a man sitting in a chair, tied up, with a bag on his head. You already knew who he was before they removed the bag. There sat Steve all tied up rage in his eyes, but more clearly sadness.

"Steve? I-is that you?"You call out. Steve head snaps to your direction tears flowing out of his eyes.

"(Y/N)?! I missed you! I'm going to get you out of here if it's the last thing I ever do!"Steve yells to you. Tears are now pouring out of your eyes as Steve begins to struggle against the rope.

"Oh how touching this is. Really it would bring tears to my eyes if I cared."The voice says harshly. Two spot lights come on one on you, and one on the owner of the voice. He held a heavily enchanted diamond sword, and walked up to Steve.

"No."You whisper looking at the man with pleading eyes. Steve closes his eyes shut tight knowing there was no getting out of this. As the man was approaching Steve you began to yell and beg for him not to harm him. The man held the diamond sword against Steve's neck.

"Don't you want to see your lover before you die, say how much you care for her?!"The man spat out. Steve opens his eyes no longer trying to hide his sadness. He looks dead at you and even in this situation he finds a way to smile.

"Your so beautiful. (Y/N). I l-"Steve was cut off when the man shoved the sword into his neck.

"NO!"You screeched. Someone untied the ropes and you ran forward and caressed his head in your lap.

"Please....Don't... Forget..Me."Steve whispered before taking one last breath.

"Steve?.... STEVE! Please wake up. STEEEEEVVEEEE!!!"You sobbed. The man walked up to you sword in hand.

You felt yourself shaking so you bolted off your bed ready to run for your life. Steve was sitting on your bed teary eye himself. "St-st-steve?"You ask. He nods his head quickly and pulls you into a tight hug.

"I'm right here. Honey, don't be afraid. I'm here."Steve reassures you with a crack in his voice. "Do you want to talk about it?" He asks you.

"NO!"You instantly answer.

"Okay, do you want me to stay with you tonight?"Steve asks. You nod your head in response and you face each other. After a few minutes of having your eyes closed you open them again.

"Steve I can't fall back to sleep."You muttered. He asked if you wanted a story and you nod your head intrigued.

"Once upon a time there was a man who sought for a world. Not an existing one either-"Steve begins.

"How do you search for a world that doesn't exist?"You whisper. Steve slightly chuckles and continues on with the story.

"The only way to find a non-existing world is to create it yourself. So that it was the man did then he began thinking. What good is a world if your by yourself, so he showed the world to his brother. Side by side they began working on the world adding new things to it. They showed the world to everyone they knew and it continued to grow with other worlds surrounding the original. The two brothers began-"Steve stopped when he saw you sleeping peacefully. He lazily draped one of his arms on your waist while the other held you close. "I'm always here."He whispered into your ear which made you smile.