C13 (Edited)

(Yukari POV)

"Never."

I pinched his nose before pushing him away.

"Why?" He whined, rubbing his nose.

I leaned over his shoulder.

"Because I said so."

As I whispered those words in his ear, I got up and left, leaving a flustered Kei behind.

Once I was out of sight, tears rolled down my cheeks. But I couldn't understand why.

This location, this atmosphere... something about it was awfully nostalgic.

I knew Kei was at the very least interested in me.

But that in itself saddened me and I couldn't wrap my finger around the reason as to why.

I slapped my cheeks hard.

Get yourself together, Yukari! Crying doesn't solve anything!

I slowly inhaled and exhaled to calm myself down.

In attempt to brighten my mood, I headed towards a nearby coffee shop after school.

I ordered a latte and was about to sit down at an empty table when a flash of green in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

Who is this grass-looking ass... Wait, isn't he part of the rainbow?

I beelined towards his table.

With luck, maybe I'll get some answers today.

I quickly made myself comfortable in the seat across from him. He glared at me before resuming to do his work.

"Sooo, how long are you planning to ignore me?" I asked, resting my chin on the palm of my hand.

"Until you leave." He replied curtly.

I sighed, glancing at the name tag attached to his bag. "That'll be a long time then, Shin-tar-o."

He flinched as I pronounced every syllable of his name.

"Please refrain from calling me by my first name. I'm sure Tetsuya, Atsushi, and the rest wouldn't appreciate it as well."

"Then do you prefer carrot instead?"

He clenched his jaw, remaining silent. I, on the other hand, snickered to myself as I sipped my latte.

Yukari: 1. Carrot: 0.

The atmosphere remained tense and I had a feeling I wouldn't obtain any information from the carrot. Just as I was about to head out, a large shadow loomed over me.

"Yuka-cchin, move or I'll crush you." He mumbled, glaring down on me.

"You're... Atsushi?" I guessed, recalling his name from my short conversation with carrot boy.

He continued to stare at me menacingly. I simply stared back at him innocently

"Latte?" I offered my cup jokingly.

He grunted before taking the cup from me.

Huh, it was that easy.

After seeing myself out, I wandered around the streets and found myself at Maji Burger. My stomach growled as soon as I saw the red-orange sign illuminating above the building.

I entered the fast-food restaurant and helped myself to a small tray of fries and a cheese burger. Eager to devour the food before me, I quickly found myself an empty table in the back.

"Excuse me Yukari-chan, you're a little close."

I looked to my right and found a light blue-haired man... inches away from my face!

"KYAAAAA!!!" I shrieked.

"Yukari-chan, please don't scream. You're going to attract the attention of the other customers." He said, softly.

He was right. The customers around us were glancing over, frowning.

I recollected myself, rubbing my chest in a circular motion to calm my poor heart. "Sorry, but uhh... Tetsuya, was it, please don't scare me like that."

At the mention of his name, he looked away nervously. However, I didn't bother asking him why the rainbow hated me as I assumed that he wouldn't give me answers like the rest of them.

On the bright side, at least Tetsuya didn't seem to mind my company.

As I shoved another fry in my mouth, my phone began to vibrate. I quickly popped the fry in my mouth and picked up the phone.

CALLER ID: BAKASHI SEIJURAHO

I contemplated ignoring the call as a joke, but ended up picking up anyways.

"What?"

"Yukari, come home. Now."

"Why?"

"Because I told you to."

"I don't need to listen to the 'Emperor'." I mocked.

"And I don't need to tell you about the Generation of Miracles." He retorted.

Damn, this douchebag emperor.

I sighed. "Fine, I get it. I'm on my way home."

-----

I dragged my feet back 'home'.

"What is it, Seijur-AHO?" I shouted.

"Please refrain from shouting. You'll disrupt the servants at work." He said delicately.

"Maybe I wouldn't be shouting if you weren't so difficult." I argued.

"Regardless, the Generation of Miracles... You really don't remember anything?"

"I... don't." I said softly, lowering my head.

"Yukari, the truth is... I don't know what you did either."

-----

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

If you'd like to support my work, please give me a follow or vote!