Chapter Nineteen- You Can't Run From Family.

Nineteen- You Can't Run From Family.

Landen

"You know, I don't understand how you've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies. You've been deprived of childhood. We need to watch them all sometime, agreed?" Isaac asked, searching through his shelves of movies to find Thor. 

"Sure. Here." I pulled out the movie and Isaac squealed slightly before grabbing it off me and then running off to the kitchen in search of food, probably. I've never known someone who could eat so much, yet still be so skinny. 

I never really had a childhood. Mine consisted of learning to fight and obeying orders. I killed who they wanted me to without a single question. I didn't care. I didn't care who I killed, all I cared about was that someday I might be able to become a prince. The Prince of Hell. Yeah, I may or may not be the son of the king, not Satan, but the king. We didn't know him by name, not even me as he had sent me away to be looked after by guards the day after I was born. My mother didn't care, she had given up many kids before and she had gotten over the fact that she wouldn't ever know her children. 

"You okay there?" Isaac giggled, coming back in the room with three bags of chips and two fluffy pillows. Bundled under his arms was a huge duvet.

I nodded and grinned at him, "I'm sure Dan and Phil would have food and stuff at their place." 

Isaac shrugged, "You can never have too much food." He replied before flashing me a grin, "Can you lock the door on the way out, my hands are full." 

I nodded and we both set out the house, me locking the door behind both of us. We hopped into Isaac's car and set off to Dan and Phil's apartment. 

"I hate everything." Isaac said suddenly, sighing.

I glanced at him, frowning. "What? Why?"

"You know when you've just met an amazing person and you just feel so happy to be around them, but you know something is about to happen and it's going to draw you apart and ruin your relationship forever? Have you ever had that feeling before? It's in my gut, I don't even know anymore." 

I didn't answer him, just stared out the window. I was a fool to think that a friendship between Dan, Phil, Isaac and I would ever work out. A human, an angel, an ex-angel and a demon? It doesn't work. It can't  work. Sooner or later, they will find out and they will kill me. I have no doubt in my mind that they would. Dan would do it to protect Phil, and Phil would probably protect Isaac. A world where we are all friends wouldn't work. The world doesn't work like that. The world is cruel and unforgiving and it doesn't give a shit whether you're a good person or not, bad things happen. To everyone. 

"It's going to happen, isn't it? You're hiding something and it's going to possibly kill me, isn't it?" Isaac whispered and I turned to him in surprise. Isaac glanced at me, pain in his eyes and then he nodded. "I don't care though. I don't care if you're freaking Lucifer, I don't care. I won't give up on you." 

He didn't know how close he was. He didn't know demons existed, he didn't know about anything. It was a foolish mistake to ever leave with him at that party. I put him in a world of danger. But you know what? I didn't regret it. Not one bit. I wanted him here with me. 

I smiled sadly at him, but kept quiet. I breathed a sigh of relief when we turned into Dan and Phil's driveway and I quickly jumped out the car, grabbing the packets of chips and pillows that had been sitting on my lap. Isaac grabbed the duvet and we walked into the apartment building together in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence though, it was a thoughtful silence.