Chapter Four- I Don't Want To Lose You, Is That Too Much To Ask?

Four- I don't want to lose you, is that too much to ask?

Dan

I watched as Phil scampered to his room and felt my heart drop. He really did hate me. Oh god.

“Nice one you got there, hot too. He doesn’t seem to like you much though.” Sam said thoughtfully, looking at me with his eyebrow raised.

I ignored him, “Why are you here again?” I hissed.

Sam smiled a little, “Because I wanted to wish my brother a merry Christmas. Is that illegal now?”

“For 12 years you haven’t even spoken to me, and now you are wishing me a merry Christmas? Why are you doing this?” I asked suspiciously.

Sam looked at the floor, “You’ll see, Daniel, you’ll see.” And then he swept out of the house, leaving me there, shocked and confused.

- - -

I mindlessly flicked through the TV channels, not really paying attention. I wanted to go talk to Phil, but I knew he wouldn’t want me to do that. I sighed and started towards my room, pausing as I passed Phil’s door. I was about to knock when there was a small cry of pain from within it.

“Phil, are you okay?” I called, knocking on the door.

There wasn’t an answer for a moment, and then Phil pulled open the door. He was panting slightly and had a pale face. “Yeah, I’m fine...” He said quietly, not looking at me. “Did Sam leave?”

I nodded, “Phil... I-”

“No. Just... Can we not do this right now? I’ve just- I can’t.” He muttered, biting his lip and refusing to look at me.

I sighed, “Fine. Okay, I’ll just... Bye.” I quickly walked away from his door, feeling the tears welling up in my eyes.

I slammed my door shut and laid on my bed, glaring up at the ceiling. I wanted to talk to him, to tell him that we could talk this out. But I couldn’t. I knew, now, that he wanted to not be in a relationship anymore, and that’s what hurt the most.

Phil

I stared down my wrist as blood dripped out of it and onto the floor. I shouldn’t have done that. Oh god. I bit my lip and sunk to the floor, clutching my wrist to my chest.

I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to tell him I missed him and that I loved him, but something stopped me. I don’t know what. It wasn’t like the thing that was in the bathroom with me earlier, this was something else. Me. I was stopping myself.

I laid on my bed, slowly falling to sleep.

- - -

Dan sat there, crying slightly. “Dan?” I asked quietly, walking up to him, but he didn’t hear me. Oh, this again.

I watched as Dan stood up suddenly and almost sprinted for the door, I followed him out into the pouring rain. I had no idea what he was doing, but I wanted to find out. I walked beside Dan as he muttered to himself about things I couldn’t hear because the rain was too strong. Suddenly he stopped dead in his tracks.

I watched, confused, as his face went pale and he started to shake. What the fuck was happening?

Oh my god.” Dan screamed, and then turned and ran back towards the house. I ran after him and paused as he banged on my door. “Phil!”

- - -

I woke up with a start. “Phil! Open up!” Dan screamed. I quickly looked around my room, throwing all the things with blood on them into the cupboard or under the bed. I, then, grabbed a jumper and threw it on, wincing when it rubbed against my cuts.

I pulled open the door to see a soaking wet Dan standing there, breathing hard. And I have to say, he looked incredibly hot.

“Yeah?” I asked, biting my lip slightly.

“Did you- Did you do it again?” He cried, still panting slightly. Dan, you really have to work out.

“Did I do what again?” I knew what he was talking about, of course. Cutting. He had figured it out. Of course he had, he’s my... Well, he was my best friend. I didn’t even know what we were anymore.

“Did you c-cut yourself again?” He whispered, staring into my eyes.

“I-I... No.” I lied, hoping my face didn’t give away anything.

Dan laughed darkly, “Phil, you have been my friend for years, you don’t think I don’t know when you’re lying?”

I looked at the ground, “I-I...” I stuttered and then spun around, slamming the door in Dan’s face and then sinking to the floor. I buried my face in my hands and cried softly. I hated how weak I was. I shouldn’t have let this break up get to me. I’ve been through break ups before. With relationships longer than Dan and I’s one. But why was this affecting me so much?

Because you love him.

I chewed on my lip, hating how the little voice was right. I had never loved anyone as much as I loved Dan.

“Phil, please, open up.” Dan said softly, knocking at my door.

I hesitated for a moment before reaching up and opening the door and then shuffling back to my bed and turning around so he couldn’t see my face.

“Phil... I...” Dan started and then stopped, “I know nothing I will say will ever get us back together, so I’m going to miss saying the ‘I want you back’s and the ‘I miss you’s. I just don’t want to lose you as a friend. Is that too much to ask?”

I glanced at him, knowing full well he could see the endless tears streaming down my face and my red and puffy eyes. “It’s not too much to ask.” I whispered so softly I almost couldn’t hear it.

Dan’s face split into the grin that I loved. “Well then, best friend, let’s go have some dinner. Yeah?”

I put on a fake smile, “Okay.” But I knew- I knew that as long as we’re not together anymore, we wouldn’t be the same. There would be too much tension between us, that I know someday that we could not be friends any longer.

Oh, I hate this so much, you have no idea.

This is probably one of the worst chapters I have ever written, BUT MEH.

I hoped you enjoyed this kinda. OH, AND I HAVE A DECISION. BECAUSE OF A CERTAIN PERSON ON TWITTER (@noamika248) TELLING ME NOT TO PUT ANY PHIL/ADRIAN IN HERE, I WILL NOW NOT DO THAT :3 I REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO DO IT ANYWAY, BECAUSE DAN IS THE ONY PERSON PHIL SHOULD EVER BE WITH, AM I RIGHT?

So, yeah. I wrote this because I hit post limit on tumblr and I had nothing else to do. Mmhmm :3

I FEEL LIKE SKITTLES, OMFG

Okay, sorry about that. Anyway...

OUTRO OF DARKNESS, THEN REDNESS, THEN WHITENESS! LEENA OUT! BOOP! *Brofist* Stay classy Danosaurs and Philions <3 PEACH

Oh, and if you're trying to find my tumblr and can't (but come on, who would be doing that anyway?) it's because I changed my url. I do that sometimes. Now, it's: sherlock-the-mess-you-made.tumblr.com

I needed a Sherlock one. I'm sorry, but I needed it. :3

K, BYE!! :D