Chapter Twelve- Stupid Idiot, I love you.

Twelve- Stupid Idiot, I love you.

Dan

"Wait... What?" I stared at the man who'se name I now know as Mitch as he walked over to me and started to undo the chains that were holding me in the chair.

"We're getting you out. Now, hurry up. He'll be back soon." Mitch stepped away from me and started towards the door, I quickly followed him, basically running up the stairs. "We have to meet the others out the front, and then we'll be out of here." I nodded and smiled as Mitch pulled open the front door and fresh air hit my face. I haven't smelt fresh air since my last attempt at escape.

About 10 people were all standing outside the house, none talking but communicating with looks and sign language. I watched them, slighlty confused. "Why are they doing that?" I whispered to Mitch as we approached the group.

"We aren't allowed to speak when the Devil is here, so we sign to each other. We have been planning this day for a long while." Mitch walked into the group and everyone stopped and looked at me. Smiles errupted onto their pale faces. "You're our saviour. They know you will be the one to save us, save the world." 

I stared at Mitch, "What?"

"He is the devil. You are an angel, a very powerful one. An angel is the only being able to kill him." A man with pitch black hair said. 

"He is the devil? I thought they only existed in fairy tales."

"You exist, why not demons and the devil? God also." Mitch rolled his eyes and before I could respond turned back to the group of men, "We must leave now, we don't have much time."

They all nodded, "Let's go." The black haired one said. Mitch grabbed me and pushed me in the middle of the now forming circle and then we were walking, me in the middle and them around me. I don't know where I was going, but I wasn't worried. I trusted them, weirdly enough. They were strange but I knew they would take care of me.

Phil

"Where are you going?" I asked Caleb as he started towards the door, grabbing his jacket and phone from the kitchen counter.

Caleb hesitated for a moment, then smiled at me, "I forgot to feed my... Dog." 

I was about to question it, when my mind clouded over. I forgot everything about what I was doing and was only able to focus on Caleb's eyes. I couldn't look away and found myself stepping towards him, the only thing on my mind was what it felt like to kiss him.

"I didn't know you had a dog." I muttered, grabbing hold of his waist and pulling him closer to me.

"It's called Angel." He whispered and then pressed his lips to mine quickly before pulling away again, "I have to go. Bye love." He smiled warmly at me before turning around and skipping out of the door.

I watched him leave, a goofy smile on my face. Was this love? Was I in love with Caleb? I've only known him for a few days and I haven't felt like this since... Well, since Dan.

Terror over took me then. Dan. He had been kidnapped! How the hell had I forgotten that!? Caleb was just taking over my mind, making me completely forget about Dan. He might be dead. I felt myself pale and I fell to the ground, my knees shaking slightly. He can't be dead, no!

I bit my lip and then closed my eyes. I can do this. I've done it before. I thought about Dan, prodding around for his mind and then I found it. I smiled slightly, does that mean he's not dead? 

I pushed inside his mind and felt like I was being sucked through a tiny pipe. I held onto my head and groaned. It hurt more than I remembered, why's that? I almost quit just then, I almost took myself away from his mind and away from the pain. No, I love him. And with that thought, I pushed through, ignoring the pain and into Dan's mind.