Tears and Cookie Dough

Start from the beginning

“I can’t go in there,” she whispers frantically.

I nod and pull her outside to Seth’s truck. 

Vi leans against the car and I call Seth.

“Hey, where’d you go?” he asks over the phone.

“Something’s wrong with Vi. I took her outside. Is there anyway that you could drive us to her house?”

“I’ll be there in thirty seconds.”

I turn to face Vi and give her a tentative smile. God, I have never seen her look so worn. Even after what happened at the last party she wasn’t like this. She was more in shock, this time, she just looks exhausted. I wrap my arms around her and hold her in a hug.

We stop when Seth comes sprinting out of the house. He looks around frantically until he sees us. His eyes widen when he sees Vi. Within a second he pulls his cousin into a hug and starts shooting off demands to know what has happened to her.

“What happened?!” he practically yells.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Vi whispers angrily. She turns around and heads for Seth’s truck. He tries to go after her, but I manage to grab his arm before he reaches the truck.

“Seth,” I say. He turns to look at me. I shake my head. “Not now.” He looks like he wants to argue, but he just nods his head. Seth sits in the driver’s seat with me in the middle and Vi on my other side. The tension between the two cousins is almost suffocating.

After a couple minutes of complete torture, Seth pulls up outside of Vi’s house. Vi mutters a quick thanks before bolting from the car. Seth looks extremely pissed off, but doesn’t make a move to get out of the car.

I turn to my boyfriend, placing one of my bent legs on the seat between us. My hand grabs his and I gently rub small circles with my thumb. Seth turns his attention away from his cousin and onto me.

“Thanks for coming to dinner tonight,” I say. He smiles at me.

“I had a fun,” he says sarcastically and I can’t help but laugh. He grins, but it quickly turns into a frown when he sees Vi pacing outside of her front door, waiting for me.

“Hey,” I grab his chin lightly in between my thumb and finger and turn his attention back on me. “Don’t worry about Vi. I’ll talk to her. She’s not mad at you okay? You didn’t do anything. Everything is going to be okay.”

Seth stares into my eyes and then slightly smiles.

“You are way too smart for me.”

I grin at his words.

“And don’t you forget it.”

I tug his face to mine and press my lips against his. I pull away, but he grunts in disapproval before pulling my mouth back to his. His lips press hard against mine and he makes a small moaning sound, making me giggle in response. He pulls back and places three more short light kisses on my lips. 

“Call me tomorrow okay? Arty is letting me work in the morning because we don’t have school, so I have the whole afternoon off.”

I wrap my arms around his neck.

“I like the sound of that.” I whisper, causing him to groan again. I laugh and kiss him once more before whispering bye and getting out of the truck.

Vi is standing on her welcome mat outside of the front door tapping her foot and glaring at me.

“Do you guys know that there is something called to much PDA? If you looked public display of affection up in the dictionary there would be a picture of you and my cousin going at it like horny bunny rabbits.”