Quorra, A Mistake ?

• Dedicated to Uma Joshi

The days were hectic while the nights were sleepless for Brandon as well for Quorra. They decided to get married in under 3 weeks. Explaining this rush Brandon said to Sia and Patrick," It just felt right. I mean we both love each other and as you know we had discussed about marriage way before she'd left for New York. So its completely fine and I'm just excited." Patrick replied," Yeah me too!" Patrick was quite glad about Brandon and Quorra's marriage because he was going to be Brandon's best man. Sia on the other hand, couldn't believe that Brandon was getting married before her. The preparations were going in full swing with Melissa, Peter and Uma pitching in to help Brandon.

One afternoon Sia and Patrick drove with Brandon to buy his suit. Patrick grinned in car," Do you really had to call me for this stuff? You know that I hate shopping." Brandon laughed and said," C'mon man, you're my best man." At the shop Brandon tried many suits, and Patrick irritatingly said to Sia," God, its like I'm shopping with a woman, particularly my mother ! He may have tried six suits, six ! And now he's gone to try the seventh. I'm tired now." Sia laughed and said," Cut him some slack, its his wedding. and you're his Best Man." Patrick glowered and said," Okay, is it just me or you two are making me do stuff in the name of 'Best Man'?" Sia laughed and said," You're phone's ringing."

Patrick imitated Sia and whispered," You're phone's ringing. C'mon you're the best man, do this and do that. Why don't I only marry Brandon! Yeah what's up Uma?" At the same time Brandon jumped out from the trial room and said," So, how's this one? I like this one." Patrick quickly interrupted," Hey brand, it was Uma. There's a problem with the caterer. I need to be there now, so can I take your car." Brandon said," Sure thing, uhh Sia and I'll take the cab." And he handed over his car keys to Patrick. After shopping for his suit and few other stuff Sia and Brandon decided to go home. They called a cab and sat in it. Brandon sighed and said," Phew! Thank God, shopping's done. You know, I can't believe I'm getting married in 4 days."

Sia replied in low pitch voice," You can't believe? Bloody, I can't believe you're getting married before me! I mean everything's just perfect with brad but still we're waiting. And look at you, She met you, she went New York, she even came back and now you're getting married, this is like a movie!" Brandon giggled and said," Things happen."

After some time Sia said," You know, its good that you didn't propose me back in college. We would've surely broken up and probably I wouldn't be sitting in a cab right now, with you." Brandon looked at her and said," That's just another way to look at it." Sia smiled curiously asked," What's the other way?" Brandon went close to her, looked in her eyes and said," I would've proposed you in college, you would've said yes, and instead of your breaking up version what if after from now 4 days I would've be marrying you and not Quorra."

Sia smiled back and said," Yeah, that's another version. It sounds good, I guess." And at that moment the two just starred at each other and said nothing. Total silence in the cab when finally the two started kissing passionately.

Sia quickly realized that it was a mistake and pushed Brandon away. Brandon and Sia just sat straight with their eyes wide open. They couldn't believe what they had just done. Sia started blabbering and Brandon repeated whatever she said.

- "You are getting married in four days."

- "Yes, I'm getting married in 4 days."

- "Quorra is perfect for you."

- "Quorra is perfect for me."

- "Brad's a nice guy."

- "Yes, brad's a nice guy... So you say."

- "I should probably walk home."

- "Walking's good for health."

Sia asked the cab driver to pull over and she got out of the cab without saying a word and started walking. Brandon went home and started to feel guilty and it would be safe to say that he was confused about his decision to marry Quorra. The next three days were pretty much awkward between Sia and Brandon. They saw each other all the time but didn't talk to each other making Brandon feel more guilt and confusion.