Chapter 59: Sorted Feelings

Start from the beginning

He pulled away for air. I stared into his onyx eyes in shock. His hair was hanging over his eyes which I coudn't actually tell what emotions they were holding.

'I really like you.' was the last thing he said before attacking my neck.

I fisted his shirt and let out a whimper when his lips brushed against my neck and his hands went underneath my shirt, lifting it up slightly.

I wanted him to stop. But at the same time I didn't.

I shivered, feeling his hands trail up by skin, his cool touch on my bare skin.

His kisses trailed down to my neck. I felt him pull down the collar of my shirt. My chest was slightly exposed to the cool air. His lips touched my chest.

I bit my lip, my hands clutching onto him tightly.

Click

His head lifted. We both froze. As if everything was in slow motion, we saw the door handle of the entrance door turn.

'Get off!' I sat up abruptly, pushing Sasuke off me roughly before scooting away from him.

The door opened to reveal Nii-san.

'Makoto? Sasuke-kun?' he looked slightly surprised before there was a hint of suspicion in his face. 'Are you two alone?'

'We were just having tea.' I said, pointing to my half empty cup on the table.

Nii-san smiled. 'Alright, I believe you. It's almost dinner time,' he said, glancing at his watch before turning to Sasuke. 'Would you mind joining us?'

'What? No, it's fine.' Sasuke declined, looking slightly awkward. 'In fact, I should be heading back soon.'

'I insist.' Nii-san smiled. He walked up to get changed leaving the two of us alone.

I turned to Sasuke and punched the back of his head.

'Ow!' he glared at me. 'What?'

'Don't ever pull something like that ever again!' I hissed, folding my arms.

'Why?' he smirked. 'You seemed to have enjoyed it.'

'Not at all.' I told him through half lidded eyes.

***

Dinner was all right. Nii-san asked Sasuke simple and casual questions which didn't make anyone feel awkward. Thankfully.

Sasuke and I were currently standing outside the gates of my clan's compound, the atmosphere between us slightly strange and awkward once again.

'Thanks for having me over for dinner.' he mumbled, shoving his hands into his pockets. 'Tell your brother I said thanks.'

'R-right ...' I wasn't sure why my cheeks were getting warm. I rested the back of my hand on my cheek to cool it down and covered it up by pretending to stratch my face.

'M-M-Makoto, also ...' he turned his body to face me but his eyes were looking everywhere but me.

My shyness ebbed away. Why was he getting all fidgety? I raised my eyebrow at him. 'What is it?'

'I realized th-that I haven't officially ... confessed my feelings for y-you.'

The back of my neck felt warm and my stomach twirled.

'I - I've been k-kissing y-ou and all but ... I've never officially t-told you.' he closed his eyes and took in a deep breath. I watched his chest rise. He opened his eyes, his dark eyes looking straight into my eyes. 'I love you.'