Chapter 23

[MADIS P.O.V]

"Come out come out where ever you are." The voice yelled as his words bounced off the walls and rang in my ears.
The small place enclosed around me providing false security.
"God, let me die quickly." I thought to myself as I held the small door closed. My hand wrapped around the knob as my knuckles turned white.
"Come on dear, make this easier." He yelled again.
One gun shot went off and I flinched almost hitting the door. My hiding spot would be ruined and myself dead.
Another gun shot went off followed by the sound of pinching against the the walls.
"You're gonna regret this now!" He yelled. Suddenly door were opened then slammed and he repeated this.
He's going to open every door till he finds me.
I moved to the opposite side of the small space and clutched my knees to my chest. I moved the mock wall that made the large cabinet smaller to cover my and I held my self to the corner on the door less side.
"One cabinet left. Just come out while you have a chance." His voice echoed through the area. The cabinet I sat in was opened and his hand hit the mock wall.
"Oh sweetie. You thought I didn't know about this." He ripped the wood out and I covered my mouth to stop the gasp from escaping my mouth.
His calloused and rough hand wrapped quickly around my ankle and pulled me out of the cabinet making my head hit the wall and my back hit the ground quickly.
"Gahh!" I yelled at the sudden pain.
He stood over me his face red and his eyes blood shot.
"Oh sweetie. You shouldn't have done that." He said and plunged a knife into my leg.

My body shot up and I screamed then took off for the bathroom. Blood trickled down my leg and I screamed again running faster.
I lifted up the shirt and saw my period decided to visit earlier than needed.
I sat down in the tub and hysterically cried.
Luke came running in dreaming out.
"WHAT HAPPENED!!" He yelled looking down at me.
He saw the blood droplets on the ground and looked up at me with wide eyes.
"I had a bad dream that I was stabbed. I freaked out and saw blood. I thought it was real." I said shaking now.
"Hey. It's okay now." Luke said coming to sit by the tub and grabbed my hand.
"I'll clean the bed, and you get cleaned up. I'll grab the bag." He said and jogged out then hurried back in with new clothes and my feminine bag.
He closed the door and I started cleaning myself up.

"What do you mean he got out!" Luke snapped.
"I told you to make sure he didn't get out under any circumstances." He snapped again his face getting red.
"luke?" I whispered and stepped closer to him.
"Fix it." He barked at the person on the other end of the phone call and threw his phone on the bed.
"Yes baby girl." He said wrapping his arms around me.
"Who was that?" I asked cautiously.
"I'll tell you in the morning. Just please. Sleep." He answered running a hand through his hair and stepping towards me.
"Babe. You look mad. Please. Tell me." I said quietly wrapping my arms around his waist pulling myself closer to him.
"I'll tell you in the morning." He said and led my back to the bed room getting under the covers.
I moved under the covers and he pulled me closer.
"He won't hurt you. As long as I'm here."
what?

**

"Madi. Baby girl. Wake up." Luke's morning voice whispered gently.
"Five more minutes." I said shoving my face into his chest and taking his scent."
"Baby, we can't. Please wake up." He said moving away.
I sat up and saw Luke fully dressed, an outfit waiting for me, and all of the bags gone.
"What's going on?" I asked standing up.
"I'll explain once we get on the boat. Just please get dressed." Luke said handing me the clothes. I scurried to the bathroom and closed the door not bothering to hit the lock.
I shimmied up the black skinny jeans and slipped the BMTH shirt over my body then put on Luke's red and black flannel. I put my hair in a ponytail and hurried back to the room. Luke handed me the socks and a the black converse.

Luke grabbed my hand and basically dragged me to the boat as I scrambled to keep up with him. The guys had all the bags in the boat and they were loading guns and cleaning daggers.
Michael loaded another gun and tossed it too Calum who then put in a container with the other few guns. Ashton cleaned off daggers and placed them back in their holders.

I sat in the seat next to Luke at the steering wheel and turned to face towards him.
"Okay. Start talking. What's going on?" I asked Luke as he started the boat.
He exhaled and began.
"After you told me about Tyler. I made the boys do some research to find out where he was and how long he would be there. Well. One day I sent Calum and Michael out to see what this place was." He said as his hand tightened around the steering wheel.

"He's not at a boarding school. He's at the headquarters for the biggest gang in the world." He said as he tightened his jaw.
"He wants you back Madison. I'm not letting him take you away. You're never gonna go through that again. I promise." He said looking into my eyes. His right hand rested on my thigh now as his thumb traced gentle circles.
"Madi." Ashton yelled over the boat.
"Yeah?" I yelled back.
"Can you shoot a gun?" He asked loading a gun.
"Yeah, my uncle used to take me shooting so I could protect myself. He even took me out hunting sometimes." I replied.
"So you have pretty good aim?"
"Yeah." I said turning back around as Luke rested his hand on my thigh again.

I looked over to Luke again and mouthed to me
"I'm going to protect you."
I know you will.