Chapter 20

[MADIS P.O.V]
"who's Tyler?" I whispered to Luke as I wiped my eyes again.
"You really want me to tell you?" He asked cautiously.
I nodded my head and sighed then began.
"He was your boyfriend. He became abusive and you tried to leave him. He didn't want that. So he kept you for a while and kept hurting you.
Mentally. Physically." He struggled to say the last word.
"And sexually." Tears slipped out of the corners of Lukes eyes.
"Where is he now, will be hurt me?!" I asked frantically
"No. You told me he's in some boarding school. If he tries to get to you ever again. He will have to fight me." he said his jaw tightening.
"Baby girl?" He said looking down at me.
"Yeah?" I said looking up.
"Do you remember how we met an the morning after?"
"Yeah."
"Why'd you stay then? Knowing I kidnapped you."
"Because. I fell in love." I said low enough.
Finally admitting the feelings I wanted to deny not long ago.
"You fell in love?"
"Yes." I said less confidently from him questioning.
"You finally love me." He said leaning his head into the crook of my neck.

**

[LUKES P.O.V]
"You finally love me." I said as my head met the crook of her neck and I kissed her collar bone gently.

I sat up and her eyes looked heavy, threatening sleep.

"Lie down, baby." I told her. She lied her head down on my lap and I ran my fingers through her hair and massaging her scalp till her breathing slowed down and I knew she was asleep.

I moved from under her and set a pillow under her head then took off running while tiptoeing to the living room. I grabbed the bag I hid here and began setting up the surprise.

I know it slipped her mind. But I didn't forget. Today's her 20th birthday.
"Oh I hope this is perfect." I whispered to myself as I taped streamer along the ceiling.
"DONT STOP BELIEVING!" Started to burst through the air from my phone and I hurried to answer the call before Madi woke up.
"Yes Ashton?"
"We're about 30 minutes away, we have the presents with us." He said.
"Okay good. She passed out so I'm decorating now. Did you guys pick up the cake in Rio?"
"Yes Luke."
"Okay, thanks. Bye." I said turning my phone off and heading back to decorations.

**

"Idiots! Set the cake on the table not the floor!" Calum partially yelled at Ashton and Michael.
I laughed at that scene and placed my presents to her on the table. The boys went all out buying their own gifts each for her.
"I think we're ready." I said to them.
"I wanna wake her up!" Ashton said.
"No! You idiot! I'm gonna get her. You three hide. When I turn the light on jump out and yell surprise. Okay?"
"Okay." Three mumbles said going to hide.
I ran off into the room and she was now lying in the center of the bed spread out.
I jumped onto the bed and over her.
Her eyes shot open when her body sprang up.
"What just happened?" She asked confused.
"I don't know." I started kissing along her jawline.
"Wanna watch a movie?" I suggested.
"Sure just let me fix my hair and brush my teeth I feel like I have morning breath." She said moving from under me.

Her black shorts when below her butt and her white button up shirt now fixed and adjusted she wandered off into the bathroom.

Her hair now in a messy bun she walked towards me wrapping her arms around my waist.

"I love you. So much." I said kissing her forehead.

"I love you too." She said kissing my jawline.

**

I flicked the light on and Calum, Ashton, an Michael sprang up from behind the couch and yelled "SURPRISE!" Madi shrieked and looked up.
"ASHTON!" She yelled and ran up to him hugging him. I expected that. She became close with him when I was an idiot.

"Let's get this party started! I brought alcohol!" Michael said gaining Calums attention.

Madi hurried back to my side hugging me
"Thank you. but what's it for."

"Your birthdays today."

"Oh love. My birthdays in July. It's June." She said seriously. A laugh escaped my lips.

"Babe. It's July. Specifically July 18, 2015. You are officially 20."

"ITS JULY! IM 20 ?!" She yelled.

"Woah! Where Have I been?!" She continued.

Laughter filled the air from her and Calum began opening beer bottle passing them around.