Chapter 7

"Because your mine." Echoed through my ears.

Tyler saying those words over a year ago rang through my head and brought my body to shaking and my breathing struggled.

Burning broke through my chest.

"Stop the car." I muttered.

"What babe?" Luke said still driving fast.

"STOP THE CAR!" I burst out.

He swerved the car onto the side of the road and I hurried out of the car the fresh air hitting my face.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!" Luke yelled at me his face red and his eyes dark.

My throat burned and I felt the panic attack down to my feet as I trembled in the cold air.
He took the step towards me the back of his left hand colliding with my cheek as I fell to the ground.

I hit the ground and continued shaking. A door opened and rushing foot steps came to me.

"Madi, come on princess stay with me."

Ashton. He made me sit up and lean against his chest.

"Come on. Breath. Breathe with me. In out. In out." He said rubbing my back.

He got my breathing normal and held my shaking hands still.

"How'd you know?" I asked looking up as my breathing continued evening out.

"I used to have panic attacks all the time as a kid. I could tell from the back and at your out burst. But, what caused yours."

I looked down at my hands and avoided his eye contact.

"Princess, you can tell me. I won't tell Luke. You can when your ready."

"Okay." I said breathing out.

"I met Tyler when I was fifteen, I thought I was in love. At first be would leave notes in my locker, and kiss me on the cheek, just be a cute couple with me. Well. One day I saw him making out with one of the volley ball players. So I decided to brake up with him. He didn't like that." I said a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I left my bag at his house so I had to go get it and when I got there he was a drunk mess. He locked all the doors and threatened me saying I couldn't leave him, how he would kill me and my brother. He made me stay with him for 2 years. When he turned 17 his parents sent him off to boarding school."

Before Ashton could say a word Michael came from the van and said to us

"You guys should get in, Luke's gonna get mad soon."

"Come on."

"What if he hurts me." I ask truly scared.

"I promise he won't." Ash said smiling softly.

I got back into the passenger seat and pulled my legs into the seat to press against my chest. I rested my chin on my knees and stared forward.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Luke's jaw tightened and his knuckles turning white griping onto the steering wheel.

"Why." Luke said still looking forward.

I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and put my legs down.

"I was having a panic attack."

His eyes widened and his jaw loosened as he stopped the car in front of the chapel.