Chapter 5

I was struggling to walk properly and Luke rushed off into the kitchen.

The guys were snickering from the couch and Michael I think it is now will blue hair yelled
"Oi Luke, did you shag her?"

Luke barged in and went up to Michael grabbing his throat.

"She's on her period. So shut your mouth Clifford." Then he walked away.

My eyes widened and Luke came towards me then dragged me behind him pulling at my wrist.

He led me to a chair and set a plate of strawberries and waffles in front of me. My favorite.

"Thank you."

He nodded and went to a cabinet and opened a pill bottle.

He set two white pills in front of me.

Midol.

"Thank you." I said softly drinking water to swallow the pills.

He sat down across from me and interlaced his fingers.

"I have new rules." He said looking up to me.

I swallowed the bite in my mouth.

"Okay."

"You can talk to the boys in the house now. Do not make me regret it. You can leave your room as you wish, you cannot go outside though. Last one. You will sleep in my room from now on." He said as his eyes darkened. What.

"Yes sir." I said looking at him.

"Wonderful." He stood up and left the kitchen.

I put my plate in the sink and wandered up the stairs to my now old room to change.

Luke walked out with the bags of clothes and smiled.

God his smile is gorgeous. Stop. Don't say that. He kidnapped you.

I went into the room after he left and grabbed basket ball shorts and plain black shirt.

As I went into the bathroom Luke came into the room to grab the rest of the clothes.

"Just pick a show man." Ashton yelled at Michael.

The news came on and in bold lettering
MAN JUMPS OFF BRIDGE TO DEATH.

"Wait, stop." I took a step towards the screen.

"The body found is said to be Turner Carter. 15 year old foot ball quarter back for South High School. Found this morning at shore. There was no note found but cameras show he did jump."

Tears rushed down my face.
No. He can't be dead. He's all I had left.

I ran out of the living room and the boys yelled after me. I found and door and stumbled through it.

I fell to the ground but it wasn't just ground it was grass.

My throat burned and I screamed at God.

I clutched the cross on the chain around my neck.

"HOW COULD YOU TAKE HIM AWAY!" I yelled hitting the ground.

"MADISON!" Luke yelled but I couldn't see past the tears burning through my eyes.

"Get in the house." He yelled again. My head dropped down and my shoulder shook violently.

Before I could scream at the sky again I was thrown over Luke's shoulder causing more cramps and more tears.

"PUT ME DOWN!" I yelled hitting his back.

"HE CANT BE DEAD!" I yelled.

He threw me down on the bed

"WHO CANT BE DEAD!" He yelled.

"My brother." I sobbed out falling into his chest and clung to him.