Twenty-Four

Ricky's POV

I stretched my legs out as I woke up, breathing in and smelling the wonderful scent of bacon. My arms reached over next to me, feeling the empty and cold sheets beside me. I groaned before opening my eyes, still able to see the shape of my gorgeous fiance in the mattress. I forced myself into a sitting position, stretching my arms and making a weird noise as the movement felt good. I turned, bare feet hitting the cold hardwood flooring of my house. A shiver ran up my spine, before I forced myself up on my feet. I threw on some pajama pants, having only slept in my boxers last night. I left a shirt off, nobody was here besides Sara anyways.

I walked out of our room and down the hall, following the scent of food. My nose led me to the kitchen, and I smiled as I leaned on the doorway. Sara stood in front of the stove, flipping pancakes in a pan. She was wearing my black gym shorts and a Motionless In White tour shirt. It was no longer winter in Scranton, actually it was almost the end of August, and in about a month the baby was due to be born.

To say I was excited was an understatement, I'd already begun clearing out a room I used for storage to make it into a nursery. Even though the baby was a girl, Sara and I wanted the nursery to be a gender neutral bedroom. We were going to paint the walls a night time theme, and planned to hire a professional to paint the Nightmare Before Christmas characters on them too. We figured it'd be a cute, and good type of childish yet gothic room theme. Plus, this kid had Sara for a mother. They were bound to like that movie one way or another.

"Morning, babe." I said from the doorway as Sara reached up to grab the bacon from the microwave.

She jumped and turned around, smiling at me sweetly.

"Morning, Simba." she replied. I grinned and walked over to her, turning her around and bending to plant a kiss on her growing tummy. She giggled as I did this, a smile never leaving her lips.

"And good morning to you, little angel." I said.

Sara sighed, and turned back around to tend to the pancakes again after setting the bacon aside. I raised an eyebrow, suddenly curious about her change in mood.

"Sara, what's wrong?" I asked, moving her grown out hair away from one shoulder, planting kisses up to her neck.

"We haven't even spoken about names for her yet, I feel like we should someday before she's born." Sara huffed and flipped a pancake perfectly. The bowl she'd mixed the batter in was empty, so I know she was almost done.

"We can talk about some over breakfast?" I offered, knowing we needed to talk about names as well.

Sara nodded, and I helped her out by getting plates, silverware, and cups out. I set the table, Sara bringing over the bowl of pancakes and plate of bacon. She'd also made shredded hash browns, sausage links, and freshly squeezed orange juice. I smiled at Sara, murmuring a thank you as she sat down and planted a quick peck on her cheek. I think since Chris never let Sara cook when they lived together, she was getting it out of her system now. Not that I minded, Sara once even made chicken wings. That, was a great surprise to come home to after going out grocery shopping.

We were silent halfway through breakfast, when Sara finally spoke up. I was confused about the two words that came out of her mouth, before realizing it was a first name and a middle name.

"Chelsea Mae?"

"It's pretty, but I'm not to fond of the name Chelsea." I commented. Sara bit off a piece of her bacon, chewing harshly while she thought of another name.

"How about Lynn?"

"Lynn Mae does not fit well together when you say it out loud."

"Well then you come up with one!" Sara cried out in exasperation. I chuckled and nodded, thinking while I sipped at the juice in my cup.

"Okay," I took up the challenge with a smirk. "What about Angel?" I said suddenly.

"Angel Mae?" Sara asked me, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I already call her Little Angel. So why not actually make that her name? Angel Mae Olson."

Sara sat there and thought, a smile slowly making it's way onto her face. She looked at me and nodded rapidly, then grabbed one of my hands and guided it to her stomach. Where she placed it, I could feel the baby kicking. Or punching, depending on if they were using their hand or foot. I smiled up at Sara, to see a loving look in her eyes.

"Angel Mae it is, because I think she likes it." I nodded in agreement, and Sara leaned over to kiss me.

I didn't reject her kiss, and our lips molded together perfectly as they moved in sync. Her hands were placed on my neck, one of mine on her face while the other stayed put on her stomach. I felt another kick or two, and we pulled away laughing.

"I don't think she liked us kissing, however." Sara commented.

"Well the little angel will have to suck it up, you're my fiance and I love your kisses." I chuckled as she kicked again. "Now I think she's just saying she wants you to keep eating," I told Sara.

Sara nodded in agreement, a cute laugh escaping her lips before she finished her bacon. I sighed, completely happy with how things were at the moment.

I was going to be a dad in a little over a month, the band was doing as great as ever, we figured out a name, and were starting to get a move on with the nursery. Nothing could describe just how happy I was to be in the place I was now. To think, I was just some kid out of Seattle that wanted to be in a band. I'd made the kind of risky decision in moving here to be in a band as the bass player, and lived with the lead singer for maybe a year before I could get my own place. We weren't always the most popular band, I still don't even think we're that popular. Money can still get kind of tight somedays, and touring conditions aren't always the best.

But I wouldn't change the way I did things for any reason. I took a chance on my dreams, and they succeeded. I loved what I did, and moving to Scranton eventually brought me face to face with the beautiful women I can now say I'm engaged to marry. And her life wasn't always the best, what with not having any parents anymore and leaving what she knew behind to move to this small little town for a fresh start.

It was as I thought about these things, that I realized Sara's dad wouldn't be able to walk her down the aisle on her wedding day. He wouldn't be able to give me her hand, and I was never able to ask for his permission in marrying his daughter. I'd never met the people that brought my gorgeous fiance into this world, and I never would face to face. For that, I felt bad. But I also knew they were always there for Sara, even though they were situated up in heaven. They looked out for their daughter, and guided her down the right paths in life. There was no doubt in my mind that they helped guide Sara to me.

Maybe almost being robbed wasn't how they planned for us to meet, but it sure did work and we met only to fall in love. And like every relationship, accidents and fights happened. There was never a thing you could to do to prevent those. But I believed that through every fight you got through with your significant other, made you a stronger pair. Every bump Sara and I hit thus far, got us where we were today and stronger than ever.

I couldn't ask for things to turn out any better.

- - - - -

Yay Ricky's point of view! I liked writing that, it was pretty fun! Anyways, this was sort of a filler but I tried not to make it super short on you guys. I think next chapter is actually going to end up pretty long.

There are only 6 chapters left, holy shit this is going by so fast I can hardly handle knowing it's coming to an end! But alas, every book has it's ending and after some serious thought, I can tell you now there will not be a sequel to Sara and Ricky's story. :(

But once this book is finished, I should have a different one up in no time. It is going to be a Chris Motionless story, I just wanted to give myself a small break from Ricky and focus on Chris. So stay tuned for more on that, cause it's coming up quick and very soon.

I love you guys so much, thanks for the reads, votes, and comments they always make my day to see them.

- Gaby