Nineteen

Ugh okay, I really suck at updating this .-. So sorry lovelies!!

It's been three days since the accident.

I was more proud of Sara than I think I ever had been before. She'd been showing signs of improvement, and it caused the doctor's to think she could be moved out of the Intensive Care Unit, and into another room where regular patients stayed. I was happy beyond belief about this news, and just like I promised myself I hadn't left her side. The other's would go home at night since visiting hours were over, but Dr. Burke somehow let me staying get an okay from whoever it concerned. The guys and their girlfriends would come back during the day, come visit her, and then go back home and just wait for me to give them a call saying she woke up. But for three days we weren't as lucky as to have that happen.

Today was Christmas Eve, and for once in my life I was hoping for a miracle.

I hoped that Sara would wake up by tomorrow, because I still planned on asking for her hand in marriage. Even more now, since I knew she was carrying a little monster inside her. Our, little monster. When she is going to be released from the hospital, I hoped she'd agree to moving in with me again, and maybe we'd move into a better house since mine was so small. As I sat in her hospital room beside her bed, I'd look up houses that were for sell in the Scranton area and found a few good ones in great price ranges. But there was one that I almost put an offer on, and I hadn't even seen it in real life yet; just over a phone screen.

I knew Sara would love it though, it was very much her and I's style. The outside gave off a normal vibe, but the pictures of the inside made the house have a gothic theme to it. Every wall looked to be painted dark colors, and the furniture looked pretty old but we'd move in our own. It was a two story, with four bedrooms and three baths. There was a pool in the backyard, although I wasn't always certain when we'd be able to use it since it was cold half the year. Overall the backyard looked great, we could put a gate up around the water and maybe get a pet or two for the baby to play with in the grass. The space would be put to great use when it came to cook outs with everybody.

I sighed, realizing I was planning a future without the consultant of the person I wanted to spend forever with. My eyes trailed over to Sara, she slept peacefully. Instead of the oxygen mask over her mouth and nose, it was changed to a simple tube that went up her nose.

They'd wiped her down yesterday, as a form of a shower I guess. I left the room for that, and allowed myself a bathroom break. When I came back one of the nurses was just tucking her back into bed, making sure she was okay before leaving with a nod of their head towards me.

I talked to Sara.

I'd tell her about what I was doing when it came to house searching although I never mentioned a proposal in case she really could hear me. Sometimes I swear I felt her squeeze my hand when she agreed with something I said, making me smile and keep on being hopeful. I would talk about the baby, having a mental countdown going in my head. There were only thirty four weeks until we got to properly meet our son or daughter.

My thoughts were interrupted as a soft knock sounded on the door. I turned around to see Chris, he was smiling with his head poked through a crack in the door. I motioned with my head for him to come in, and shortly after I turned back to Sara I heard the door close.

Chris sat on another chair across from me on the other side of the bed.

My eyes traveled to her cast, and I chuckled. We'd all attacked it with a sharpie, writing down encouraging messages for her when she woke up.

"Anything happen yet?" Chris broke the silence.

I sighed. "No, not really." we looked at Sara's face, seeing her eyes moving behind her closed eyelids. It meant she was dreaming.