Sixteen

December twelfth. My one year anniversary with Ricky.

Now I know we haven't been together for an entire year because of the month I was asleep and the time I was re-getting used to him, but Ricky and I decided to ignore the time we were apart and are still planning on celebrating it. Last week he'd said that he'd planned something special for tonight, something that would change the way we looked at each other and I was actually plenty excited. The downside to everything, was first thing after Christmas, Motionless In White was off on some big tour with a group of big bands. I was sad, and they weren't positive if they'd make it back for New Year's Eve, but they promised to try their best. All us girls were upset they were leaving so soon, but they'd pushed off touring long enough because of my accident.

Ricky had apparently refused to leave me there in the hospital to go on a tour, no matter how much their fans meant to them. Chris was right there next to him, and you can't find a replacement guitarist and singer for a month long tour. Nobody has the power behind the singing of their songs besides Chris, he's been the only singer for Motionless since the band formed. I felt guilty for a few days, holding them back from their fans and all, but Ricky assured me everybody understood why they were canceling it and rescheduling shows they were supposed to play into the next tour that comes around.

Words can not describe how much I was going to miss Ricky. I was going to miss everything about him, especially being able to spend time with him and be in his arms every afternoon and some nights. The rest of the guys would often joke about us practically already moved in together again, I spent the night there so much.

But back to tonight, I had my own little plan as well. And so at six o'clock I began to get ready. I was driving myself to Ricky's, which was a little nerve wracking since I haven't drove myself anywhere since the accident. But I knew I'd be fine, it was a once in a lifetime type of thing, I kept telling myself. I forced myself off the couch, leaving my precious Disney mug in the sink since my hot chocolate was gone and scurried off to my room. I didn't have many options for an outfit, but I didn't want to look too elegant because Ricky told me we weren't going out, but staying at his house. So I threw on a pair of my tightest skinny jeans, those ones every girl has to make her butt look amazing, and a lavender blouse that had ruffles going across it in a sash form.

I wore my black TOMS, and my hair had a few curls in it to make it look fancier than usual. I walked out of my room and into the living room, seeing Chris on the couch watching some television show I was unfamiliar with.

"Chris where are your keys?" I asked him. I was taking his car, since I really didn't have my own anymore. Ricky told me he turned it into the shop, but it wasn't fixable so there was no reason to get it back and they dumped it in some car junk yard.

Chris pointed towards the little table by the door, and I reached over the couch to give him a hug before walking over and grabbing his keys. I opened the front door and just before I shut it I heard something that made me blush as red as a tomato.

"Use protection!" Chris yelled as I shut the door.

I attempted to calm myself down, walking to the car that was parked nicely in the driveway. I was a little on edge, but kept telling myself I was going to be just fine and make it to Ricky's with zero problems. So I got in the driver's seat, turned the key in the ignition and let the motor roar to life. I carefully put the gear in reverse, backing down the driveway slowly. Once out in the street, I put the gear in drive and made sure the emergency brake was off before driving down the road towards the exit of the neighborhood. I managed to get three red lights on my way there, tapping my fingers on the steering wheel the more I got annoyed with them. What is usually a ten minute drive miraculously turned into a fifteen minute drive.