Fifteen

Thanksgiving, the wonderful holiday towards the end of November where families gather and get fat together. Or at least, that's always how I liked to put it.

Nobody was here except Chris and I, we'd told people to start showing up around one o'clock at the earliest if they were that bored. Chris was in charge of the turkey after much convincing, he said he knew how to do it properly and so I made the choice of trusting him. As he prepared the bird for the oven, I got dressed in baggy clothes and went to the salon for a haircut. When I got there, it was still undecided if I wanted a trim or actual cut so I spent about twenty minutes looking through a bunch of books to see if I liked anything. I ended up on this cute bob-like style that was named an A-line. It was shorter in the back and reaches right below my chin in the front.

I even got the bangs in it, even though I would probably never style them. They reached down into my eyes but the hair stylist blow dried and brushed them out with a round brush to make them look better and not stay in my line of vision. I paid and left a tip before leaving, happy they washed my hair there so I wouldn't have to wash it when I got home. But I still needed a shower so after checking in with Chris, I scurried to my bathroom and made sure my hair wouldn't get wet as I washed my body with my vanilla body wash and shaved my legs and armpits. The lovely times of being a girl, I know. I stepped out of the shower within ten minutes, dried myself off and locked myself in my bedroom so I could get dressed. It was almost one, and somebody was bound to show up because everybody was bored little shits when not on their tours.

I first slipped on black tights over my underwear, and then a black skirt that the waistline stopped right below my boobs. A red knit sweater was taking place as my shirt, and I found a pair of brown boot heels in my closet. I walked to the vanity I now had with all my makeup, and used lighter colors than I think I remember myself using before for my eye shadow. My eyeliner stayed the usual black, and I winged it to have a cat-eye effect. I wore a nude lip stick even though I hated lip stick, and then made sure my hair was perfect before slipping out of my room. I was fixing my skirt when the doorbell went off, Chris yelling at me to get it since he was doing something with the turkey broth or whatever.

I reached the door and opened it, seeing Ryan and his girlfriend.

"Hey guys!" I said as I stepped aside, letting them in.

"I love your hair!" his girlfriend squealed and I blushed with a chuckle.

"Thank you, I'm Sara." I said, sticking my hand out.

"I'm Allie," she smiled.

I left the door open, seeing Balz and his lady walking up the driveway. I walked away from the door and into the kitchen, seeing Chris pushing the oven door closed and standing up. He washed his hands off in the sink, and then turned around and sighed while wiping at his forehead full of sweat. He was still dressed casually in basketball shorts and a random t-shirt, so I relieved him of his duties and made him go change. I set to work on the mashed potatoes, I made them slightly different than other people: I didn't add sour cream. I grabbed the large bag from the pantry, washing my hands before picking out a big amount. Heels clanked into the kitchen and I turned around to see the girl Balz arrived with and Allie.

"Hey, I'm Ryan-Ashley." she greeted.

"Sara, it's nice to meet you."

"Ditto, would you like any help?" she offered.

I nodded and both her and Allie washed off their hands, and peeled the potatoes before handing them to me to chop up and place in the pot of water. Once that was done, I put it on the stove for them to cook and moved on to starting the pies. My mom made the best pumpkin pie ever, and tonight I was bringing it to the Motionless family, per Ricky's request.