One

The picture above is what I imagine Sara to look like! I just grabbed this image randomly off Google so I don't own it! Enjoy the chapter!

I lay in the bed, staring at the blank wall in front of me. Short-term memory loss? I felt like I was completely fine, just a little drowsy and my head only hurt a bit from a headache. I found it normal since that one guy explained I got in an accident, but apparently that accident was more serious than I pegged it to be in the first place.

"How did this happen?" I asked the doctor, wanting the full story.

Dr. Burke sighed, crossing her arms below her chest and leaned against the side of the bed as she started the story.

"You were driving somewhere, according to those men in here before you were driving home. You were following the rules of the road while another person chose not to, and they ran their red light while your's was green. They collided with you, and the fortunate part of it all is it hit the passenger side with nobody there.

"The less fortunate side is you hit your head, I'm not quite sure on what but I suspect it was the steering wheel since that's how the paramedics found you. They brought you here, and the biggest factor is you were past out. You fractured some of your ribs, but that has healed over the last amount of time."

"How long have I been out for?" I blurted suddenly.

"Your head injury was a bad one, I'm afraid. It's caused you to be out for almost four weeks." she told me.

"Can I have a moment, please?"

Dr. Burke nodded and left the room in silence as I sat there, tears threatening to spill from my eyes. A car accident? A head injury? Fractured ribs, asleep for almost an entire month?

A tear fell from the corner of my eye, and I raised my hand to wipe it away but only more seemed to fall. I found myself breathing heavily, I was sobbing alone in my room with zero comfort. The heart monitor sped up, and a nurse rushed in to check on me. I was hyperventilating, and as I peered out the slightly open door when the man entered I saw a worried boy lent against the wall looking in, back at me. It was the one that held my hand, and he looked scared for why somebody had rushed in. I looked away as the door shut, and the nurse realized I was only crying.

"Take deep breaths with me, Miss Martin." he told me.

I nodded, and together we took a total of three deep breaths. I kept doing it even after he stopped, and slowly but surely I could feel myself calming down. The heart monitor's beeps slowed to a normal pace, and the nurse checked other things before smiling at my sympathetically. God, did everybody do that in this damned hospital?

"Is there anything I can get you?" he asked me kindly.

I wanted to talk to somebody, to anybody. I recalled someone being called 'Chris' as I was waking up, and took another deep breath to make sure I was calm before nodding. The nurse waited patiently for my verbal reply, and finally I was able to force out my request.

"There is a guy out there, named Chris I believe. Can you have him come in?" I asked him.

"Absolutely," the guy nodded and left.

Moments later, the door opened a crack and the guy with the drawn on eyebrows poked his head into the room. I smiled slightly, it was fake and forced. He walked in and shut the door behind him, walking over to my bedside and dragged a chair with him. Sitting down, he looked at me in a caring way.

"How're you feeling, Sara?" he asked me.

"Can't quite pinpoint the feeling, in all honesty." I joked lightly even though it was true.