Twenty

Everybody stood around my hospital room, while I was only able to sit up in my bed. I was still connected to an IV, and there was still a clip on my finger that was hooked up to the heart monitor along with one around my stomach for the baby. I was talking to Ryan-Ashley and Allie, who had brought up the subject of taking a shopping trip together after I get out of the hospital again. I was involved in the conversation, but my eyes kept taking secretive looks at Ricky across the room as he talked to Balz and Chris.

Ricky seemed a little off ever since he woke up this morning, and it made me nervous.

But before I could ask him about his odd behavior, repetitive knocks had sounded on the door and in walked Chris with boxes of pizza and the others carried sodas besides the girls who carried two packets of water. Apparently, they weren't planning on spending Christmas Day alone in their homes and chose to include me, the one that constantly was in danger while driving in their plans. It was sweet of them, and I was happy they were my family. I'd eaten three slices of pizza, wanting a fourth but holding myself back and hoping water would fill me up. I stayed away from the soda, I'd heard it's best to stick to water throughout your pregnancy for the most part.

And I was happy I wasn't a drinker really, for that would've sucked being pregnant and loving alcohol. I feel bad for those people, but it gives them a chance to learn self control around it and hopefully they won't continue to drink through pregnancy for it could definitely affect the fetus. That reminded me, I needed to speak to Ricky about smoking around me and hopefully I'd get him to cut down on the cigarettes throughout the baby's life. I wasn't too worried though, he was a smart guy and wouldn't constantly smoke around the baby once it was born, I bet you anything. Plus, I didn't expect him to quit.

"-Don't you think?" I heard from beside me and looked over at Ryan-Ashley.

"Hmm, what?" I asked, as I was too caught up in my own thoughts to hear what she said.

"We need to go baby clothes shopping once your due date gets closer." she repeated and I laughed.

"We also need to know the gender before we do anything, Ryan."

"That's true." she agreed.

"Do you and Ricky wanna find out the gender as soon as you can?" Allie asked me and I shrugged.

"We haven't spoken a whole lot about the pregnancy yet. It's still a new topic. Maybe when we get home? I mean, it's not like we can avoid it."

They nodded, and from the corner of my eye I noticed Ricky walking towards us. He smiled and bent down, planting a soft kiss to my lips and stood back up straight. He cleared his throat, and wet his lips with his tongue before grabbing everybody's attention.

"Guys?" he called out, and the girls as well as his band mates faced him, including myself.

Ricky looked more fidgety than he had all day, and it worried me a bit. He took a deep breath, bent down and set his cup of soda on the floor beside his feet, and then grabbed my hand.

"I wanted to say something," he started and turned to face me. I smiled and squeezed his hand, hopefully encouraging him.

His eyes looked towards Chris and Ghost, who smiled and nodded at him as if to give him encouragement as well. I looked back at him to find his gorgeous eyes staring into mine, a sloppy smile on his face and I smiled back.

"Sara," he said. "It has been one hell of a year for us. I thought I lost you almost two months ago when you didn't wake up for so long. The fear of the doctor's pulling the plug on you scared me to no end, and I knew that if it came to that I'd fight them to not do it. Because I knew I needed you, I knew that if you died I'd never get over you. I'd probably never be able to move on and find another girl to love as much as I loved you.

"I'm so deeply in love with you, I never thought that after only a year of knowing someone I'd be able to care about them so much. I would sacrifice myself any day if it meant you living, and I hope you know that. Unfortunately I haven't been the best at protecting you from tragedy, but from this day forward I plan to. Because like I said before, without you there is no me. I'd be utterly lost without you, babe.

"And I know that we haven't been together as long as a lot of other couples out there. But, I like to believe our love and adoration for each other is just as strong as somebody who has been together for years. And now, we're having a baby together. And I already love them so much, even after hardly knowing about them. I can't wait for them to come, but before then I wanted to do something that would officially tie the knot."

I gasped and put my hand over my mouth, tears springing to my eyes as Ricky knelt on one knee beside my hospital bed. He reached into his pocket, producing a small, velvet black box. He opened it, revealing one of the most gorgeous rings I've ever laid my eyes on.

It was black, with a purple diamond in the middle of it, more black surrounding the four corners of it. Cute little beads were in it as well, and I felt a tear go down my cheek as I looked back and forth from the ring to Ricky's eyes.

"It would be an absolute honor, Sara, if you said yes to being my wife. So, will you marry me?" he asked.

I looked around at all my friends, who had hopeful looks on their faces. At least the guys did, Ryan-Ashley and Allie were clinging onto each other biting their lips, while Kylie had a death grip on Ghost's arm. I smiled and sniffled, looking back down at Ricky. The hope in his eyes was fading, and that was the last thing I wanted.

It was true, we were having a baby together. And I saw a big, great future with him. Sure, we had only been together for a year but like he said in his speech our love was as strong as those couples that have dated for years. I bit my lip, the lump in my throat keeping me from giving my answer. But somewhere in me, I found the strength to reply while nodding my head.

"Yes," I croaked. Ricky immediately began to grin. "Yes Ricky, I'll marry you." I said and he stood up, bending over me and hugging me tight as I cried into his shoulder.

Everybody in the room cheered, obviously happy for us. He pulled away from me, planting a long and passionate kiss on my lips. I kissed back immediately, my hand resting delicately on his cheek while one was on my stomach. Both his hands were on either side of me, keeping himself up so he wouldn't squish me while we kissed. Eventually he pulled away, smiling and keeping our foreheads pressed together.

"I love you, so much Nala." he said.

"I love you more, Simba."

"Not possible." he denied as he stood straight, taking the ring out of the box and grabbing my left hand.

The girls awed around me as Ricky slipped the gothic looking ring on my left right finger, and I smiled and looked at it more closely. I smiled at my fiancee as he walked over to his friends, each of them congratulating him and giving him those 'bro hugs' you see people do. Kylie rushed over to me, the other two girls crowding around me to get a better look at the ring on my finger. I bit my lip and sighed.

Best. Christmas. Ever.

- - - - -

Yay! Ricky and Sara are getting married! I'm so freaking excited even though I knew this was coming all along, haha. I will tell you now, that next chapter will begin with a time skip because we are running out of time on this story as sad as it is.

As hard as this is to think about, there are only 10 chapters left. *cries* Anyways thanks for the reads and votes on this story as always! It of course means the absolute world to me! I seriously love you guys, thank you so much for the support on my story.

Stay rad not sad! x

- Gaby