Twenty-Three

"Sara! Put that down!" I heard as I held a box of my toiletries in my hands.

I turned slightly, to see Ricky rushing out of the house and down the porch steps towards me. I huffed and rolled my eyes, putting the box in his awaiting arms. Him and Chris were being nutty, as they always are. Apparently, since I'm pregnant I can't lift something that weighs not even a pound. I understood why I couldn't carry in the boxes with my clothing, those weighed too much. But seriously? I can't carry in a box that has tampons, pads, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, and my makeup bag? That was one of the most ridiculous things ever in my eyes.

"Ricky I'm capable of carrying that box. I know my limits," I tried to tell him.

"Nope." he said before turning around and walking back into the house.

I followed him, seeing Chris coming out the door along the way. He took one of my hands, helping me walk up the stairs. Goddamn, I was three months pregnant! I wasn't a giant balloon yet, I can see where the hell I'm stepping still! I sighed and allowed him to help me anyways, it wasn't worth the bickering at this point. Luckily, Ricky had just carried in the last box from Chris' car. And I was now officially, moved back into my prior home before the first accident.

"I'm going to miss you." Chris said as he hugged me by the door.

"Bet you won't miss my weird cravings." I chuckled.

"I'll miss that too."

"I hate to break this cute moment up guys, but we've got to get going Sara." Ricky butted in.

Today was my third appointment with my OB/GYN and Ricky was taking me today. He hadn't been there for the first since he wasn't aware of it, and missed out on the second since he was touring. But he said that he wouldn't miss another one, even if it meant he was touring Europe and had to fly here and then back in one day. Of course, I wouldn't let him do that. He could settle for a FaceTime call instead, no doubt about it. Plus if he actually did that whole flying plan, not only would he be spending worthless amounts of money, but it'd kill him and he'd get back to the others complaining about being tired.

I grabbed my purse from the couch, slung it over my shoulder and walked out the door behind Chris as Ricky locked it behind him. Again, Chris helped me down the stairs and let go of my hand once we were on the driveway. I thanked him and gave him one last hug, him and Ricky doing that weird "bro" handshake, and got in the car. Ricky hopped in the driver's seat, a large smile on his face. His excitement about this was obvious, and I just chuckled.

We were at the doctor's office within fifteen minutes, and like a gentlemen Ricky opened my door for me. We walked inside, and that's when my own nerves kicked in.

I always feared that I wasn't doing something right, and that something was wrong with the baby. The thoughts of being the worst mother on the planet surged through my brain, more of if the child will hate me growing up. I couldn't deal with that, if they hated me. I already loved this kid so much, and it hadn't been long and the baby hadn't even taken its first breath yet. However, I ignored my shaking hands and laced my fingers with Ricky's, walking into the building and up to the front desk where a lady sat in cartoon octopus scrubs.

"Hi, I have an appointment for 2:30 PM." I told her with a smile.

"Okay, what's your name?"

"Sara Martin-Olson." I replied.

Ricky squeezed my hand at that, and I peaked at him to see a smile. After he proposed, I started putting my name for appointments as 'Martin-Olson' to get used to the fact that it'd soon be my last name forever. Ricky wasn't aware I'd done this, but I could tell he was pleasantly surprised by the act.