Fourteen

You know that moment where everything finally seems right and perfect after something bad and destructive happens? I've had that for about a week.

I was with Ricky more in the past week than it seems in the past month and a half. I was shocked that I wasn't already moved in with him again. Since everything I owned wasn't shipped over to Chris' the night I got out of the hospital, it was easy for me to sleep over and have a spare change of clothes the next morning. I spent the night at Rick's maybe four out of seven nights. The first night he was really kind and asked if I preferred him sleeping on the couch or in the guest room. But I said no, and we ended up cuddled together all night due to it getting colder as winter approaches us.

Speaking of winter on it's way, I was sad that I was asleep during Halloween, my favorite holiday. But I was also pretty fine, because today was Thanksgiving Eve. Thanksgiving was my second favorite holiday because ever since I was a young girl my mom was teaching me how to cook and prepare one big feast. I was also excited because Chris was the one holding the big dinner for it and everybody was going to be there. I get to re-meet the girlfriend's I've forgotten, and meet the ones I haven't before. I get to re-introduce myself to the former drummer Angelo, which I'm excited for because his name rings a bell. But most of all, I'm ecstatic to be cooking. Chris was iffy on that, but thanks to Ricky he later agreed as long as some of the other girls helped me.

At the moment, I was standing in Chris and I's kitchen making sure the turkey was thawed out enough for tomorrow. I was in a pair of black sweats that I stole from Ricky, and a black tank top that I put a grey zip-up hoodie over. Fluffy baby blue socks were on my feet, I'd recently grown to have an obsession with fluffy socks. My black hair that was overly annoying with it's length was, as usual, thrown up into a bun. I planned on getting it cut soon, I just wasn't sure how short yet or if I just wanted a trim. I stuck the turkey back in the fridge, and felt somebody slap my ass. I quickly stood straight, managing to hit my head on the shelf above the one with the turkey on it.

"Goddamn it," I mumbled. I turned around rubbing at it to see a worried Ricky. He rushed over to me and pushed my hand away, inspecting where I was rubbing. He sighed and let go, tugging me towards him and lifting me on the counter while he grabbed a baggy to put ice in for my head.

I woke up with a start, hearing a door shut and the creaking of footsteps across the wood flooring. Nothing and nobody was in this room besides me, but I heard two thuds from the hallway. I climbed out of bed, and crouched to grab the bat underneath it in case of emergencies. Ricky put it there in case he wasn't home, and I needed to defend myself if we got robbed.

My heart was pounding in my chest as I quietly ran over to hide right next to the door. When it'd open, the door would hide me so I could jump out and attack the person. I heard the footsteps getting closer to the door, and I held my breath when another thud sounded right outside. The creaking of the knob slowly turning terrified me, I just wanted to curl into a ball on the bed in surrender and tell the robber to take whatever they pleased. The door began to open and I held in a breath again, waiting. They slowly closed it behind them, and I could hardly see them through the dark, but could make out some sort of outline. I waited a second for them to step forwards slightly, and then went for it.

"Eat bat, mother fucker!" I yelled, slamming my weapon of choice down on their head. They yelped in pain and fell to the floor, rolling in agony and whimpering. I dropped the bat in realization and gasped. "Shit," I cursed and turned on the light.

They groaned at the sudden light and one hand covered their eyes while the other hung onto their head. I fell to my knees and started to freak out, taking their hand off their head slowly to see a big bump forming.