Eleven

I woke up the next morning, highly refreshed and ready to start day two of the scavenger hunt. When I got home yesterday, I was still pretty bummed about the whole love memory thing, but immediately perked up to the thought of this: if Ryan was writing the notes, why would he give me one himself?

That led to me knowing for sure that Ricky set this whole thing up, and I was itching to know why. I had to hold myself back from opening the letter right when I woke up, and instead took a shower, got dressed, ate breakfast, and cleaned up a little around the house. Once the dishes were clean however, I ran to my bedroom and sat Indian style on my bed as I opened the envelope to find a page long clue. At least, I think it was a clue. It wasn't hand written, but typed out from a computer. It was in letter format, and I smiled as I begun to read it, heart melting knowing it was from Ricky.

- Sara

You probably know it's me now that you've seen the only other R person you could possibly know. So I wanted to write you this letter and let it hold every clue for the last day of this cheesy scavenger hunt I've put together.

You no longer are going to have to figure out what the riddles mean, that shit is difficult to come up with! And I'm very poetic I like to think, but I just couldn't stand them any longer. Plus, knowing you, you hate them and want to kick my ass for making you read and figure them out. So I decided to give you a break, you're welcome.

Today should be fairly simple, for there are only about three clues you have to read and follow in order to finish the hunt and find the prize, yes, there is a prize. And no, I will not tell you what the said prize or whatever you wanna call it is. Your first clue is listed below this paragraph, so read on.

Your first clue is: We usually go to my house in the afternoons, but do you remember what time we usually do? If so, make sure you tell Chris you need to be at my house by then, and he shall be your driver.

This letter has three pages, equaling three different parts/clues, so bear with me. You can't read the second clue until you are at my house, for if you read it now it probably won't make any sense whatsoever. So carry on, you only have today left, Nala.

- Ricky

I smiled at the fact that he called me Nala. It was a long shot, because how was he to know if I remember that nickname? I hadn't even told Ghost about the memories I recalled yesterday, so it isn't like he could've told Ricky. Plus, I don't think he would since I asked him however long ago to allow me to tell other people when I was ready.

I sighed but shook the thought away, focusing on today. The clues were much simpler to me now, since they weren't in riddle form. And Ricky really must know me, considering he knew I wanted to kick his ass for making me solve them.

I knew exactly when he would pick me up and take me to his house to hang out with him. He was always here by three o'clock sharp, sometimes a minute late. We'd go to his house, have movie days, cook for each other, and play video games or board games. We were simple people, easily entertained. A couple movie nights ended in popcorn fights, more ended in cuddling and falling asleep on each other. Ghost was my best guy friend, but Ricky and I just had this bond of best friends that I think was stronger. It killed me so much not being able to tell him what I remembered, and now two more memories are piled on top of the ones I still keep secret from him.

I've really started to like him again, and like I said before I might be even falling in love with him again.

I cleared my head and walked out of my room, down the hall and into the living room where Chris sat watching Scrubs. I preferred The Big Bang Theory but that show was apparently banned from this house unless his mom were to come visit. Although I secretly watched it when he wasn't home or late at night on a low volume while he slept. I was very careful in setting it to record on his DVR, erasing every episode after I've watched it so he doesn't flip ape shit on me. I sat down beside him, stealing a chip from the bowl in front of him.