Six

The picture is of Juliet Simms and she is mentioned in the chapter so I thought I'd put a picture of her on the side or above in case anybody didn't know who she was. Pretty sure she'll be a huge part of this story considering she is gonna end up being a close friend of Sara's so she'll be in it more after this chapter. Enjoy!

The front door opening and closing behind the couch was music to my ears. It meant Chris was finally home with the medicine my doctor prescribed me. I'd woken up this morning in excruciating pain. First, it was a pounding headache. Then another hour later I reached to grab a cup from the top shelf of the cabinet and pain shot through my side.

Chris had found me lent against the counter in the kitchen, after my many shouts for him to help me. When it all happened, he'd been in his room. When he had seen me, he picked me up and carried me to the couch, where I now lay.

Before Chris left to the pharmacy, he'd given me some regular aspirin to soothe my headache and side. It helped my headache, but not so much my side. So I was happy when he walked through the door, I could finally be in less pain than I was all day. Chris went straight to the kitchen with the white bag, coming back into the living room moments later with a glass of juice and the orange bottle that held my medication.

"The pharmacist told me these were big pills, and they would be harder to swallow with just water so I brought you juice instead." he informed me.

"Thanks Chris." I smiled gratefully at him.

He nodded and handed me the juice, uncapping the orange bottle and shaking out one giant looking white pill. God, why did they have to make pills so huge? I sighed and manned up, taking it without problem, and sighed as I leaned back against the couch again. Hopefully the medication would kick in soon, God knows I desperately needed it right now.

"Are you gonna be okay? Are you gonna live?" Chris teased.

Leave it up to him to cheer me up while I'm in pain. I chuckled slightly but that actually hurt my side somehow, and I gripped at it with a scrunched up face. Chris bit his pierced lip, and then sighed. Getting up from next to me, he left the room and then came back with a pillow and blanket from my bedroom.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused.

"You probably aren't going to be moving off this couch anytime soon, and so why not make it comfortable for you?" Chris cleared up for me.

"Oh," I said and smiled a little. "Thank you."

Chris nodded and I yawned, to which he chuckled about. I raised my eyebrow and he didn't say a word. Instead, Chris helped me lay down and covered me with the fluffy blanket I'd claimed as my own when I moved in. I don't remember exactly how or why I claimed it, I just did.

"I'm tired." I mumbled as my head hit the pillow.

"Yeah, I guess the med's can make you drowsy to help with the pain. Not really sure how that works." Chris told me. "Just sleep, Sara." he told me.

I didn't have to be told twice, and so as I nodded and closed my eyes, I past out into a dreamless sleep.

- - - -

When I woke up, the lamp in the corner of the room was on. The blinds to the window were closed, but I could tell it was probably night time. I hadn't moved on the couch, I was still in the same position as when I fell asleep.

The pain had lessened significantly, and I was ecstatic for that. I heard somebody in the kitchen, most likely Chris, along with the sound of plates clattering together as they were taken out of the cabinet. I winced a little as I forced myself to sit up, clutching at my side again as I stood. Guess not moving was the key to zero pain.