All You've Been Through (Chapter 1)

Author's Note:

The first couple chapters aren't that great, this was only my first story, and I was very inexperienced at first, but I promise you, the story gets much better as it goes along, so please keep reading. Compared to the later chapters, the first are nothing. Its well worth it to read through the okay ones, to get to the better ones, trust me. Have a little faith!

++DISCLAIMER++

((I do not own any of The Walking Dead franchise. I do not own the comic books, or the TV series. The use of their characters in my story is for pure entertainment purposes. All of The Walking Dead- related events and scenarios belong to Robert Kirkman and the rest of The Walking Dead Producers and Crew. Also, this story mainly follows the events in the TV series, and some of them are altered.))

Thank you :)

-----------------------------

Chapter 1 Maya's POV

I looked out of my appartment window, that day to a beautiful sight. The rising early morning sun was peeking around the many corporate buildings that lined the streets below.

After gazing and daydreaming for awhile, I sighed, realizing that I'd have to start getting ready, if I wanted to make it to work on time.

I worked with my best friend Andrea as a civil rights lawyer. We've known each other since law school and have been best friends ever since she helped me out with my English Lit. final all those years ago. I felt a smile tugging at the corner of my lips, thinking back to myself that our lengthy friendship all started with an exam.

I remember that day being Friday, which was usually my favorite day of the week. Like every Friday, Andrea and I were going to go out for dinner after work.

I loved my job, I really did. It was my dream job, being a lawyer. I've worked for it all my life. But I struggled through that day, fatigue coursing through my body and weighing down on my eyes.

As I sighed, Andrea passed by my office. She heard me and peeked her head in through the glass door.

"Hey, Maya. Ready for tonight?" She said with a smile, walking into my office.

"Yep." I answered, slightly popping the 'p'. "All our plans still good?" I asked from behind my mountain of paperwork that had piled itself on my desk.

She pursed her lips. "Not exactly..." She replied hesitantly.

I raised my eyebrow at her, slightly shifting in my chair, hoping that our plans still stood.

"See, Amy stopped by last night, and you know I never get to see her..." she continued and I nodded, urging her to continue. "And she really wanted to hit a nightclub instead of a restaurant." she finished carefully.

I smiled slightly at her and nodded. "Yeah, sure thing." I responded with a smile. She smiled back at me. "Pick you up at 9?" I confirmed.

She nodded, "Yupp. See you then."

"See you."

* * *

We arrived at the bar. The music was bone-rattling and my eardrums were pounding already. I'd probably have to go get my ears checked out tomorrow.

The three of us walked into the bar, side by side, after an incident with the bouncer not believing Amy was over 19, which she was.

Like Andrea, Amy was blonde. She was a few years younger than her, but the resemblance was evident. Amy's in her early twenties and still attends college, so like Andrea said, they don't get to see each other often, but they love each other and they were inseparable once they got together.