Chapter Twenty-One : Meeting Her

Chapter Twenty- One

Zayn's P.O.V. 2012

I cannot stop fidgeting. I found her. I truly found her. After everything the lads said she was here in Tampa. Tampa, I had a feeling I would remember this day forever. Security ushers us to the room where we will soon meet all the fangirls who tweet us, write fan fiction about us, and post thousands upon thousands of pictures relating to us. None of that matters to me. All those girls, I am thankful for. However, at the moment, I can only think of Diana.

Paul tells us to stand still and wait for the young ladies to file in. I can hardly contain myself. The curtains open and they enter the room. I scan the crowd for her. Her brown eyes stand out in any crowd. She is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I know I need to tell her how pretty she really is. I need to tell her that she isn't what those awful people say. She is more than those hateful words. She isn't ugly, nor fat. She is lovely.

However, when I spot her in the swarm of girls none of these things pass my lips. I smile widely and wave, shouting a greeting to her. The entire room of girls turn to look at her and heat rises to her cheeks. She hides her face and stares at her shoes. The young women chatter about who she is and how I know her but I don't care. In fact, I don't even care that Liam is in my ear whispering how much of an idiot I am. None of it matters. I just want to make Diana feel special, even if it's only for a moment.

The first of the girls approach us and I send them a smile and greet them. I feel guilty because I am sure they know my head is not in the game. I can only think of Diana and what I am going to say to her and how I'm going to make sure she feels like a princess, even if it's only for a moment.

The line of girls don't seem to go fast enough. All of them begin to run together. The painted faces. The girls who don't wear makeup just for Niall. The girls carrying carrots. They begin to combine in a colorful whirlpool. None of them stand out.

Diana shines brighter than all of them.

Finally, Diana is the last girl in line and I find myself fidgeting out of excitement. I look to her and make eye contact, sending her a reassuring smile. She blushes vividly and averts her eyes away from mine. Quickly, I give the girls a hug and smile for the camera before they are sent off. It is Diana's turn and I do something that Liam will probably bug me about for the rest of my life.

I rush towards Diana, and wrap her in a strong hug. I lift her up and spin her around and the most angelic giggle escapes her lips. I feel the eyes of the boys, security, and many girls on us. I don't care. This was time for me and Diana, no one else. Once I set her down I smile even wider. "Well, hello there. Aren't you just one of the most beautiful girls I have ever seen!" Her face goes white and a collective gasp fills the room. Liam, trying to handle the situation chuckles nervously and gives the young lady a hug as well. The boys follow suit and soon all of them have given her a hug. The photographer hurrays us to take a picture and continue the meet and greet. I haven't even talked to her yet, though. So, after the picture is taken I wrap her in another hug, letting her heat radiate into me.

"Meet me by the restrooms after the show, princess." I whisper in her ear, hoping no one heard me. She smiles and nods slightly, understanding that no one should really know of our meeting. The next thing I know, the beautiful girl is walking away from us, drifting back into the mass of girls. The rest of the meet and greet, I cannot focus. My mind keeps going forward, to when we will finally meet and talk. I will explain how I know her. I understand she must be confused as to how a member of the largest boy band in the world knows of her. I will tell her about the first day I learned of her, and the mean things I saw on the internet. I want to ask her the names of every person who has hurt her and make sure she is never made fun of like that again.

I know Niall says that I have never even had a proper conversation with her and that's true. However, I see a bit of myself within her. People said I was weird, that I wasn't good enough. I proved them wrong. I wanted to help her do the same thing and show all those assholes how amazing she is. She is special. It is obvious to me. She shines from within, although her outside may seem broken. It's obvious that she is insecure. The way she avoids the looks from others. She hangs her head so often. I want her to know that she is special. She needs to know that she is absolutely gorgeous, regardless of what those awful people say.

I was going to help her and I had to tonight. I may not ever see her again. I wasn't going to let another broken heart go unnoticed. I need to help her. I have to save Diana.

*Author's Note*

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry it has been so long since the last post! College life is incredibly busy! Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. This story is only getting started so please don't give up on me! Please vote, comment and share! I love you guys so much and thank you for the support!

- Shelby